Why don't teen guys like thick girls?

Okay so teen guys are constantly saying the love big boobs & butts, yet they only date the skinny girls with nothing! Why is this? Why don't guys like chunky or thick girls?

I am thick but my face is pretty and I am not a b*tch!

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of guys are not attracted to overweight girls. Look at what you are competing with. TV shows and ads that promote a physical type that is nowhere near chuncky or thick. Guys are very visual, much more so than girls, and many guys have certain body types they are attracted to and chunky/thick may not be it. Also, being cute and nice just may not be enough for a guy to be attracted. Guys initial attraction to a girl is very sexually based, and if you are not the type he can feel sexually attracted to, he may like you but he won't date you.

When I was a teenager no one was overweight. Most adults were skinny too unless they were in their 40's or older. It is a shame now that so many teenagers have unhealthy lifestyles and eating habits.

What Guys Said 6

• I like thick curvy girls, always have. But I'm not anywhere near hot. I don't know if you are talking about hot/attractive guys or all in general.

• Guys can't always have big boobs and butts AND a tiny frame.

Often times they can only have one or the other.

And in a winner-take-all war between big bust and a tiny frame,

The tiny frame generally tends to take the title. . . . .

• I agree with lazyear. I'd rather date a healthy medium.

• Afraid of the critical remarks their friends (guys and girls!) may make?

• While what many of the girls answered was correct (arm candy, etc), it's not always true.
    I don't want someone who is anorexic, or someone who is obese. There is definitely a good medium between the two. What exactly is your definition of "thick"? Some people say not liking "thick" girls is shallow, but I'm someone who takes care of my body, and if you can respect and take care of your very own body, then how could you respect or care for anyone else?

• We are animals by definition and being animals or at least in my opinion, we choose the more dominant choices for a partner. We don't reject or shun thick girls, it's just we natural want the most attractive one.

I'm sorry for being blunt but I'm just being honest about it.

What Girls Said 5

• Ok, first of all, there is no need to put down girls that are skinny. Guys do not only date girls who are skinny...that is a hugely inaccurate generalization. I know lots of guy that are willing to date someone who is "thick", and I also know guys who are dating "thick" girls. Now, if your are obese, then that is a different story, but most guys can still find girls like you attractive.

• Because they are hypocrites.

• hun, it may just be your area you're looking in. I'm a bigger girl, with big boobs, and I've had numerous boys hit on me. it just all depends. lots of teen guys are more worried about "arm candy". gusy like to impress their group of friends. it seems to me likee you haven't found the right guy that deserves your lucious curves. you'll find the right one. just give it time :)

• Well I'm not exactly the super skinny type lol, but I'm not like big big, but I do got butt and average boobs.. maybe your just talking to the wrong guys ;) Real guys will care about what's on the outside :)