GUYS: Is this a red flag?

I told this guy I'm sort of dating that I got into a car accident and he was just kinda like "Oh that sucks." He didn't ask if I was alright like my other friends did... Is that a red flag or am I overthinking this?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's definitely a red flag. It's also flashing the message (TROUBLE AHEAD). I would bail out on that situation with him.

• cause i said i hit a car and he goes "u were in a accident?" and then I said yeah the side of my back door is dented and a light in the back is broken i need to get it fixed so i can drive again. I won't be able to work and he said "oh that sucks" I thought that was weird...

• The key ingredient I was looking for was the question, "Are you okay? Are you sure? Is there anything I can do to help? If my wife calls me telling me she was just in an accident, I'm going to be on scene right now and doing whatever was needed. His actions cause me to believe that he is void of concern for your well being.

What Guys Said 4

• It could be. He might just be a dick, but also he probably didn't ask how you were because you telling him that only the door got dented and the light broke showed him that you were fine, so he figured that he didn't need to ask. I'm sure that if you said that you got injured, he would've asked if you were okay.

It MAY not be a red flag, but don't disregard it either. Just stay aware of how he acts and reacts towards you. If he acts indifferent towards you again, then he likely just doesn't care which is in itself a red flag.

• It suggests that he doesn't care very much about your safety, so in that sense yes, but I wouldn't consider it grounds for dumping by itself. He might just not know what to say. I would recommend keeping your eyes open for other clues and saving a decision for when you have more information. If you have more information about this guy and how he interacts with you, I would be able to offer a more complete opinion.

• Umm, yeah probably. That is a dick move, he might be a dick, or insensitive, or a sociopath in the worst case.

• I'd say you're over thinking this. Unless you weren't face to face telling him.

What Girls Said 1

• Wow. That is a red flag in my book.