Boyfriends female friend won't respect my wishes?

So I have been dating this guy for 8 months and he has this close female friend and she is too touchy feely with him in my opinion. One day the 3 of us were hanging out and sitting down and she had her head on his shoulder. And when she hugs him she holds him for like a minute. This has happened ever since we started dating. At first I thought it would stop if I just gave it time so I bit my lip and didn't say anything and when it continued happening time and time again I finally said something to her very nicely I just said look I'm not trying to be rude but I would appreciate it if you weren't all over my bf. I just feel like putting your heard on his shoulder and hugging him ever so tightly is a bit much so out of respect for the fact that he has a gf can you tone it down please? At the end i added im sure you can understand where i am coming from being a girl and all that if you had a bf you wouldn't like another girl beinf all over him. I worded it very nicely and she got all defensive saying how it is how they always interacted. I said well that was when he was single now he has a gf and I believe that type of behavior should be reserved for me no other women. Obvs family members don't count. I felt I worded it very nicely and she got all defensive with me which makes me suspicious that she likes him as more than a friend or else she would respect our relationship and wouldn't feel the need to hang all over him. She was like wait until I tell Danny (my bf) how crazy you are being and he will defend me
That's when I got an attitude back and said if you thinky own bf isn't going to back me up and is going to side with u over me then you are nuts. Should I ask him to cut back on hanging out with her because obvs she is crossing a line and being disrespectful to my wishes or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you're just insecure. Trust him... nothing probably will come of it. My best friend is a female and sometimes my gf doesn't like us hanging out but I'd never stop being with her. I knew her for years and in fact she's the reason I even met my gf and the one I go to for advice. Just trust him.

• I'm not saying anything will come of it but it is just a respect thing and honestly if she viewed him as just a friend and was a reasonable human being she would see that and respect it. The fact she went all crazy saying she is basically going to get my bf to side with her and against me shows she us nuts. A normal person would just be like oh no problem I will tone it down.

• Also I'm sure you wouldn't side with her over your own gf. I'm sure you would put your gf first

What Guys Said 2

• yeah, she is certainly crossing a line there. maybe she did do it before he was taken but now that you two are an item, it has to stop. Speak to your bf, as he shouldn't be letting it happen tbh.

• Yeah if she said something like oh Im sorry I didn't realized it bothered u and said she would stop it would be one thing. The fact that she is adamant that her behavior should continue after I express my wishes is where my suspicions come in. Yes I am def going to talk to him about trying to reason with her and to get her to calm down

• I think you should mind your own business and let your bf interact with hoes friends however he likes. Your being way to possessive and controlling

• Umm hello I am dating him how he Interacts with other women is my business if a line is being crossed. So by your theory I sm supposed to just sit back and watch some other girl be all over my man because its not my business? Nope sorry I have more respect for myself to let myself be walked all over. Like I said the fact she wasn't willing to stop shows she is crazy and must like him

• I'm the crazy one she is the one who threatened to turn him against me. Sorry I'm not cool with some other girl being all over my man maybe next time I should accept him having sex with another women. I should just mind my own business and not be crazy right

• Whoa I never said that I just that I think you should trust your boyfriend enough to tell the difference between romance and friendship. Try taking the jealous glasses off

What Girls Said 2

• If I were you I would talk about this with bf because it is your relationship. If he couldn't stop that interacted for you that is another thing.

• I think its easy enough to say "You're just insecure" because no, i wouldn't like that either and im not insecure :L I think you should speak to your boyfriend about it and tell him how it makes you feel, after all its your boyfriend and no matter how "good friends" they are she should respect the fact you're his girlfriend and its clearly bothering you therefore the decent thing to do would stop being so touchy with YOUR boyfriend, good luck hope all goes well!

• Thank you! Everyone is so quick to throw out the oh you're insecure card when no that's not always the case sometimes things are just inapropriate for a guy to be doing with another women when he is in a relationship