Is it bad that I don't want to date black guys?

So I'm a black girl and I've never been attracted to black guys, only white guys. My friends say it is stupid and that i should black guys because I'm black myself.
I do have reasons for this, a lot of the black guys i know are up them self, they try hard to someone they are not.

What is your opinion on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• its not a bad thing. You cannot love someone you are not attracted too. Just bc you are black doesn't mean you should only date black guys.. sorry but your friend is stupd for saying that. Just prepare yourself when you date a white dude, Most black guys hate that and will make your life hell, which I do not understand that... its ok for them to date white girls but it is an abomination for a black girl to date a white guy. bashingblack girls and calling them "race traitors" or "slave" "house n****r" SMH. Im a dark Puerto Rican and Im attracted white guys and get a lot of hell and hate from black guys. frm what I have witnessed and encountered.. white guys are generally sweeter and kind.

What Guys Said 4

• Ummm its just a preference

• White guys love black girl advanced vice versa.

• Just because your Black doesn't mean you are obligated to date Black men. I'm Jamaican and I'm not attracted to black women at all. Doesn't mean I hate them, I just wouldn't date nor marry one. Most of the Black girls used to humiliate me since my adolescence and things still hasn't change. And most of aren't feminine enough so yeah. I'm Mostly attracted Middle eastern, European/Italian, Asian and Hispanic women.

• I'm white and I don't know many white guys who prefer to black women, the black-white attraction seems to be more common with white women and black men, but that being said there is nothing wrong with dating outside your race and you should do whatever makes you happy. You don't have to date black just because you're black. Just know that if a guy or more than one guy rejects you, it doesn't mean you're not date-able, just that you aren't his/their type.

What Girls Said 3

• Doesn't matter at all as long as you find the right guy. :)

• Race isn't that big of a deal, and who you're attracted to is your own business.

• It's 2015. Date who you like. No one else has any right to tell you otherwise.