So... I want to be in a interracial relationship, but I'm scared because I feel as though I'm going to be judged the wrong way... any thoughts?

Since I was in middle school, I was always interested with the thoughts in dating outside of my race. I loved all guys of every ethnicity, and as I grew older, I came to realize that I wanted to take the chance in my life to at least experience it for myself. Well, as I grew older and the years past, it felt like it got harder to be accepted in this life as being the race I am, and also trying to fit an interracial couple into today's society. So overall, I just want to know about how I can deal with this situation, and feel good about what I'm doing? Because all I really want to do is love and be loved. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehhh, who cares what other people think? You shouldn't. I know I don't. I'm in an interracial relationship right now. I'm black while my boyfriend is white (and white as can be, let me tell you). If you have feelings for someone outside of your race, then don't stop having them just because you are afraid of what others will think. I know that people might look at my bf and I with glares and won't be happy to see us together, but I don't care because as long as he wants to be with me that's all that matters. Don't let what other people say affect what you do in life because it's YOUR life and you need to live it for yourself, not others.

What Guys Said 4

• In the summer of 1986, I met a 20-year-old guy named Steve who was rather cynical, but he said something that I never forgot: "If it doesn't feed me, fuck me, or get me high, I don't care about it." So, Steve would say you do what you want and fuck anybody else and their opinions. Now, that said, if getting into an interracial relationship DOES impact your ability to, say, feed yourself, then you need to revisit the situation. Personally, I'd say "fuck you" to anyone who disapproves and I'm old enough and savvy enough to know to not get into situations where anyone's opinion matters or affects my life other than my wife (who fucks me) or my boss (who feeds me).

• Your story is great! And thanks. I really m having a very hard time trying to get passed the doubt in my head even though I tell myself that it is possible and I can do it. Thanks for commenting. It really helped me out :)

• Stop giving a fuck about what others think of you.
    Problem solved.

• YOUR life. who gives a fuck about what others will say.

• Your right. I really shouldn't give a shit but I'm just alittle timid I guess... but I'll find my way through it. Thanks for your comment:)

• You should date anyone you think is good for you, regardless of what other people think.

• Thanks:) I just need to think positive and I may just get through this whole thing... thanks for commenting:)

What Girls Said 1

• Unfortunately, people these days are quite racist and don't accept what isn't the 'norm'. You will most likely be judged but for those of your friends and family thu should understand and support you. Everyone deserves to be happy.

• Thanks! And my family is very supportive and I thank them for that. I just needed some reassurance:)