What is your first assumption of a straight guy who has never had a girlfriend?

More specifically, a 24 year old guy who has never had a girlfriend.

What I mean by this question, is what is the first REASON you assume why he's never had a girlfriend.

Most Helpful Girl

• my first reason would be religion... then assume you're gay. If you're not gay or religious then I would think you're shy, dont like any girls around you or think girls around you are sluts. I know... it sounds judgmental.

There is this guy I have a crush on and known him for YEARS (6yr) and in our school, I never heard any girl claim to have dated him or him bragging about who he slept with. I think its bc of his religion or that he is very shy and anxious. I think he is a virgin as well. which is weird bc he is 18 very attractive and all the girls would basically throw themselves at him and he rejects. maybe he likes guys but he never been flirty with guys either ( you can never hide who you really are... no matter how much you try).

so yeah anyways those are my assumptions and reason.

• So, you would assume the reason a STRAIGHT male who has never had a girlfriend is gay? Lol

And I knew a guy (back when he was 18) in high school who had never had a girlfriend and had six-pack abs and was ripped. The stereotypical "Sexy" look. I asked him and he told me he didn't want one. It reminds me of the situation of your 18 year old friend.

• not you but if i didntt know your sexuality i would assume you are but just shy to say it. You Are straight so Im saying that you are just shy amd not ready to be in a relationship. I think it is kind of sweet.

What Girls Said 10

• Really shy.

• Funny you say that, most shy guys I know have had girlfriends.

• This would be an answer for many cases. Shy guys aren't known for broadcasting their shyness to the world - that's kinda their thing. And likewise, there's a stigma about drawing it out of people.

Here's a rhetorical question for the masses: When was the last time you asked a guy about their relationships without first being in a relationship? When did you last ask a guy out?

• Stoplookingatme, From my experience, girls actually prefer shy guys. Many girls I talk to agree that talkative guys annoy them.

• One or more of the following: He's busy, doesn't have time, focused on school/work, hasn't met someone he really wants to be with yet, religious reasons, likes life the way it is, shy, wants to achieve certain goals first.

• he doesn't go out much

• Shy or too busy with his life/ career.

• probably doesn't go out enough

• I assume that you may not have found a person u click with yet. I would also assume maybe reasons that lead to lack of confidence, maybe he doesn't want a commitment , or he could be too busy to name a few possible reasons. Bt as a 24 yr old virgin waiting for marriage I would not mind if he is a nice guy with morals.

• Maybe not very interested in dating fine. Might be focusing on other things in his life e. g career. Might only do
    one night stands or lack confidence. Not necessarily in that order just depends on the situation and the guy as to which would be the first reason.

• Socially awkward, not suitable with girls... I don't know. I dated this one guy, I was his first gf & kiss... at 21. Yeah, I was stupid.

• Why were you stupid? Please explain.

• She's saying that she was stupid because he probably did something wrong or was really awkward and definitely not talented at kissing/sex (nobody is at first, though some are worse than others)

• Regular? And either he didn't have the opportunity or he's just waiting for the right girl, maybe he's shy... there's nothing wrong with being single. And there's nothing wrong with being 24 and not ever having a girlfriend. My brother in law never dated until he met his wife (my sister). And he was like 32 ;) so no worries. Now they have a beautiful baby boy :D

• This might sound kind of bad, but it depends on what he looks like. If he's more on the attractive side, I assume he's shy. or he just has bad luck or something.

• The problem with factoring physical attraction in the equation, is your definition of "attractive" and "ugly" is obviously different from another girl's definition of it.

• I agree, mostly I think the guy is shy. maybe he lacks confidence because he hasn't been able to get a girlfriend yet.

What Guys Said 6

• Is he really successful at his job?
    Yes?
    Then he's a workaholic who ain't got no time for a wife.
    No?
    Is he then... born in a male majority or exclusively male environment?
    Yes?
    Then maybe he just never had a chance.
    No?
    Is he... religious?
    Yes?
    Well maybe his religion forbids it.
    No?
    Is he ugly?
    Yes?
    Well I was taught to say nothing when I have nothing nice to say so I'm gonna zip.
    No?
    Well is he a psychopath?
    Oh.

• I'd feel that he's just not interested in a relationship, because he probably has other priorities at that point such as education or career.

• That it wasn't something he pursued aggressively, or, with school and work, had time to pursue. That or just someone shy.

But, I'm not the best person to ask. I didn't until I was nearly 28.

• And it's long-distance with a woman I met on Facebook and have yet to meet in person, at that.

• "He doesn't have the balls to talk to a girl maybe. Or maybe he's been dumped a lot." :\

• i have never had a relationship too.
    but i do not really care if people would judge me because of that.

and i've got used to being single all years around lol it wad really boring, but i enjoy it now.

and i actually know why i'm singer, i am getting outta the circle.

• They assume something about you wasn't attractive to other women, and therefore you are undesirable. This is one of those areas where it may be better to bend the truth. Say you've dated, but never found someone you really wanted to try more with, that sort of thing.

• And yes, I'm telling you straight up to lie.