How can I let him know I'm interested in him?

I've liked this guy for a while now. Only thing I get is quick glances or smiles. I don't want to be straight forward that may not work. We take two classes together and I see him in the library sometimes. I just want him to get hints that I'm interested in him.

The guy that I like is kinda similar to be we're both introverts. I'm really shy at times but won't let that hold me back. Whenever I see him he's mostly to himself like me. I'll see a few people go up to him mostly guys and say something then leave. He doesn't leave on campus so I'm guessing he goes in the library during breaks from class. Doesn't say much but he does speak more than I do. He seems really friendly and quiet.
Most of his friends play baseball. I noticed that he stopped sitting next to me. One day I caught him looking at me had my headphones on. Looking back that was the perfect time to chat with since the professor wasn't in the room. It was the girls in the back they were so loud I wanted to tell them to shut up but instead listened to my music. The next day he started sitting in the back I thought with another girl, but turns out with his baseball buddies.

Most Helpful Guy

• The smiles are definitely a good thing for sure.

Some other subtle things you can do is hang around him more and throw in a lot more smiles. Do little things like walk by him and slightly touch him (if you can), if not then just walk past him and all. If he isn't catching on to these things then try and approach. I know it is A LOT harder said than done, but I know, from personal experience, that guys can be pretty clueless or shy. For these reasons, they won't approach. Best of luck to ya.

• I walked past him in the library went upstairs I could feel his eyes waking me. Lol I did the side glance and saw him looking. I've only smiled once or twice at him. One day I caught him looking at my shoes for some reason he does that a lot in class. Then he started looking at me I didn't try to look at him but caught his eye for a second. We used to glance and kinda hold eyes for a second in the library but not lately.

I'm tired of looking I would just like to talk to him. He asked me something one time I mumbled and got nervous started burning up :(. Think that was the first I ever look at his eyes up close. He plays baseball first game tomorrow I wanted to go show support but that's probably not a good thing to do.

• Lol, go for it. You'll be his motivation :P

• Thank you.

What Guys Said 12

• Guys are TOTALLY retarded, when it comes to 'signals' that women think are telling them that they are intersted!! Any guy you want, that will treat you like you want, isn't going to 'get it'!!
    In college, what made me understand was a little flirtatious smile, a little casual show of a thigh, under a short skirt, and finally, 'I'm hungry, and I like talking with you. I'm getting a burrito. . . " OK, duh!!! Got that hint!! I cut the my next class, and we talked for three hours, then dated for 6 months.
    Just ask him out!! Lots of guys like 'assertive' women, and we hate that we are always expected to make the first move!!
    If you want to be respected as an 'equal' you need to act like an equal, and be assertive!!

• Hints don't work for shit. Be straight up with him and tell him how you feel, but not in a creepy or forceful way. If he goes out with you, awesome. If not, move on because hints for a fact would have not worked either.

I know you'll be "puttting your heart on the line", but guys everywhere are expected to do it and are frowned upon for feeling down/bitter over it, so it's time women started doing the same for once.

From what you've written, it's very likely that he likes you. Engage in a conversation with him, talk about class or whatever current events are happening, and then try to get to know him from there. After a while of talking to him (a few days or so), ask him out if he hasn't asked you out first. Don't say "Do you want to chill?", that's what children do. When you ask him out, make it clear that you're asking him out on a date.

Oh and by the way, common courtesy dictates that the one who does the asking have to pay (at least for the dates prior to the relationship), regardless of that person's gender. Don't ask him out on a date and expect him to pay for everything, that's a sign of being a bad host.

• *has to pay

• I've asked a few guys out. Only to find out some had gf's and were major pervs. I'll try and talk to him no more looking at the past rejections. Oh I would never ask him pay for me! I think it's best to go half. I pay for my stuff and you pay for yours. That's the way I have always seen it. Even though I've never dated or had a bf. I won't try to show much affection on the first date like a kiss or anything. That would be awkward haven't had my first kiss yet. We talked once briefly about classwork I could feel my voice getting lower mostly a mumble. Think it was the first time I got to look at his eyes up close. Baseball session is starting Sunday I would like to go to one of his games but not sure if I should. He keeps glancing and looking I think he might just be nosy.

• I usually just start with talking, it's amazing the things that you can learn about people in the span of a conversation. You can subtly drop in questions to find out whether they're dating anyone and what sorts of things they're interested in, also it gives you the opportunity to let them know that you're single. Afterwards, you could bring up the fact that you don't have any plans on "X" day, if they're going to want to be old fashioned, that's their chance to ask you. Honestly though, it's better to just be direct and state your intentions, some men are intimidated by assertive women, but that's a good way to weed people like that out anyway. If they get defensive and rude, it's better to find out off the cuff than to be emotionally invested and feel trapped. Good luck!

• Hints may not work either. I've never understood these read my mind or signals game women play. Ask him out and be done with it

• :/ I'm putting my heart on the line. I just wish I knew if he liked me first. I've told guys I liked them before some liked me back and other didn't that hurt and it was awkward too.

• But you know instantly so you can get on with your life. The way you want to do it is going to take a long time and you'll never know if he even "read your signals" at all

• You're right! I'll get some confidence and do it.

• Straight forward works, if you told us more about him it could really help us figure out how to tell him.
    if he's the open minded type, like laid back kinda guy, just flat out tell him, gram him by the shirt and be like dude, i like you, waddup?

You'd be surprised how effective that really is ^

normal reply on that is "lol you serious?"

and you can say "Very srs"

If he's uptight and blah, just walk away.

but ya most guys that are not in tune with women are retarded and will never notice any obvious signs.

• Okay I'll describe him better. I just don't want to approach him the wrong way everyone is different.

• put it in the update :)

• Just tell him he's gunna be taking you out for dinner and you'll be ready at 6, Be strong and he'll follow. :) lol

• Just go tell him
    I don't know why you girls just can't honest and straight forward
    Go tell him you like him and ask him out

• Ask him out.

• sit next to him, not obviously but drop something, when you go to pick it up put your hand on his thigh and then say sorry... he'ill get the message

• Hints aren't enough :P

• What should I do? He doesn't seem to notice anything really of me liking him :P.

• You can't go with hints all the time, remember people misinterpret things, and hints are usually easy to turn into something else by taking it back. Be very direct towards him, something you can't take back or lie about.

• Okay, I'll go for him wouldn't want to look back and see that I took the wrong route.

• Date his friends. Problem solved.

• friends talking to his friends may be?

• Fart silently when he is around, he'll follow the scent.

What Girls Said 3

• Oh my god. I have the same problem and it's getting so annoying. I see him staring, looking, but no talking. I tried to look at him and smile, but even that's hard to do. I'm so shy and we're always around friends, so it's not easy.

I wish you, me and the rest of the helpless girls/guys luck. Please tell me how it's going and if you've found an solution. Good luck!

• If you are in two classes together and see him in the library, you could easily start a conversation. Ask something about class, homework, a test, what he's reading in the library. What all the guys here are saying is true. GUYS ARE RETARDED. They also actually really like it if you take the first step, but don't over exaggerate, after that step you can do an another step but also back off a bit, because guys kinda like the chase.

• Im kind of in the same situation except that we dont have classes together but i see him a lot around my college and we sometimes take the same bus. Im bad at hinting my crush because i sometimes ignore him just so that i dont come off as obsessive :S please tell me how things work out, because i have no idea what to do either. I want to confront him because guys are quite clueless when it comes to that but I hve no idea what to say and Im quite shy too :/

• I'm shy too and he seems a bit shy. I stopped giving him hits, now I just ignore him like look away. For some reason this makes him look at me more. It's really hard not trying to look at him. All I do is quick glances to see if he notice me. The progress is slow but if I'm way to direct with him that could make things awks and ruin everything. I'll just smile at him only did that once. I've asked people in my life what I should do lol no help in that department.

• Hey girls, I have been in "your crushes" situation before and trust me there is a great chance that he definitely likes you back.. but he is happily stuck living this good crush story rather than spoiling it if he made a move and it doesn't turn out well, that's what's probably going on in his mind. I suggest you make the move, what's the worst thing that could happen? Good luck :)
      by the way thanks for the ignore thingy I always thought it was a sign of losing interest, I should reconsider my thoughts on that :)

• Lol well im definitely not happy being stuck in this situation because it kills me to not even know his name haha. But yeah, I feel the same way. Im scared that maybe he likes someone else or just really isn't interested :S