Getting her to date me?

So I'm crushing on a girl I went to high school with. She's two grades above me, and we "recently" got back into contact with each other. We spend lots of nights playing video games over Teamspeak and Skype, and we're really good friends. Like three months ago, while she was still dating her boyfriend of almost 2 years, she confessed that she was starting to get a crush on me. Me being me, I kind of dropped the issue and let us continue with what we were doing. So, a week ago, she broke up with her boyfriend. I still want to date her. We have a lot in common, she's cute, smart, fun, and ambitious. It's really hard for me not to start flirting a lot with her because of "rebound boy", I don't want to be that. So, what do I do in this situation? I'm not sure if she's still crushing me, and she doesn't want me to know why she broke up with him. We still game relatively often, but I've been playing kind of distant in an attempt to draw her in. I guess what I'm wondering is two-fold: Is what I'm doing what I should be doing in this case, and if not, what should I do? If you don't mind answering this too, do you think this girl is even worth pursuing? I want a real relationship with her, not to be her rebound to be tossed aside in a few months so she can find another rebound, yada yada yada. Thanks in advance!

What Girls Said 1

• I think you're doing the right thing by being distant but if you are too distant she will think you don't want her anymore and move on. I think you should just talk to her straight on. It's hard but it sorts things out without guessing each other. Just tell her you don't want to be a rebound guy and you want somethig serious and if she gives you the answer she is not ready then uk ur answer and you decide from there. Even though you don't want to be a rebound you still have feelings for her. Go for it or just let simmer down. Communicate with her. I wish you luck.

• My biggest concern is that, if I do that now, she's going to pin me down as being needy (she's already pointed out that me being insecure would drive her nuts.) Is it a good idea to ask soon, or to wait a while so that she's started to recover from the breakup?

• Wait until she recovers but still keep in mind her insecurities will not go away

What Guys Said 0