Never date a guy who has a preference? Am I wrong?

Ok I got dumped twice here...

My first bf liked girls like Megan fox type... black hair and thin features... so he dumped me after 3 years after he found his ideal girl...

My second bf of 9 months wasn't into me and didn't care for my emotions and found a girl who was blonde and petite figure which he soo had a preference for...

So if a guy has a preference never date him, right?

I always see so many posts of other people in relations how they are bothered but there partner and there preference...

Is it ever a good idia to date some who has a preference...

I believe that people should only date there own preference... i think its only right.

Most Helpful Guy

• good luck finding a guy who doesn´t have any preferences xD nobody likes every tipe and style equally.

• Ofcourse everybody has a preference but I think its easier if I was his preference...

• Ohhh yes we all have flaws... we all cope with that...

• thats kind of what i meant initially.

What Guys Said 13

• To answer your question, Yes. You are wrong. I have often stated that I have certain body type preferences. Also hair color. And other things. But I have also stated that when I am with someone I care about, whatever she has is my preference. Even though I had an eye for the women as most healthy guys do, I never cheated or wanted to cheat. For instance, my preference is small boobs. My wife was definitely not small. But At home with her, big boobs were what I wanted, and regardless of where or when I saw small boobs, I would admire them but never desire them. If I had not dated her, I would never have had the wonderful years with the love of my life.

• You can try becoming the preference but popular statistics dictate that won't work either. And anyone who likes the Megan fox type is gonna get dumped more times that he can think of.
    All guys have a girl preference, just like all girls have a guy preference (and dream wedding) just find one who keeps it just a fantasy. Fantasizing isn't wrong, real world application is.
    Plus, megan fox types are usually high maintenance... smart guys know that. the dumb ones (**cough** your ex's **cough**) will find that out later.

• Be with someone that's not you preference and yet you fantasize about your preference... i might sound negative here but I don't feel that's right...

• Well every guy got an ego but I prefer just "ego" not bigger

• hahaha... your funny.

• Well, I can try to answer this from my point of view. As a guy who struggles to get even one date, a lot of the time I hear it's because "I don't know what I want" or "I would go out with anyone." Which, honestly, is true. Although I do have a mental ideal burned into my psyche by our modern times. I believe in falling in love with whoever you're with; giving them a chance. But that seems to make me really undesirable. So, I guess I would have to answer your question with my own: are you sure you want a guy with no preference? Would that not make you uncomfortable or something? Or maybe you do want him to have a preference as long as it seems reasonable?

• Everyone got a preference, the question is just if they're willing to admit it, and how important the preference is.
    The key is to find someone who's preference is close to you.

• I have a preference and the two guy who dumped me were my preference but I wasn't there's... i think its only right that people should date there own preference...

• I agree, everyone should be free to date their preference. But I also think it's worth going beyond your preferences when looking.

Either way, it's about finding one that you love, and that loves you. Because it takes two to tango...

• It doesn't matter I preffered girls who look like Marylan Monroe but that ship has already sailed sweet heart. Everybody has preferences. What's yours?

• The two guys I dated were my preference but I wasn't there idial girl...

Anyways I like tall guys with brown hair and eyes...

• Aww thnks

• Your welcome :)

• Well if they compare it to a celebrity, then I'd be wary.

I have a preference too. But it's pretty hard to put into words. I just look at someone and tell whether I find them attractive or not.

• Depends how strong/exclusive the preference is.

I'll admit I'm a fan of curls and large breasts, but I'm not going to dump or miss out on a straight hair smaller breasts woman who likes me.

• I have a preference for freckled white chicks but I dated a black girl a while back and loved her had to brake it off not becouse of my preference but becouse she did not love me back and lied about it. Most people. have a type they attracted too but it does not define them at least not me I bet you have a preference if you think about it that's just how human are.

• personally, i dont prefer. ofcorse, looks always attracts people but i realized that my past relationships, they all had something more than their looks, which attracted me. and yes, these kind of people do exist ;) so try to find us haha

• I think that if you really like someone they become your preference, and obviously your ex's never got to that point. I do think that you should be allowed to have preferences about who to date, but when you have chosen someone it's not fair to leave them because you found someone "better".

• I like variety. Sometimes I fantasize with a natural blonde, other times with a brunette. What do you ladies think about this?

• What if you are some guys preference?

• So your bf has a strict preference to order gf of his own menu

What Girls Said 5

• It's not wise to date a guy who has a preference that you don't fit. Especially the guys who are open with their preference Bc they are really enthusiastic about those type of women.

How can you date a guy who prefers a type that you don't embody and expect him to really value you and treat you like #1? He wil be with you til he upgrades and gets the woman he really wants.

y'all need to watch who your man puts up as his WCW and who's pics he likes. If those women never look like you then that's a sign right there that you're not his dream girl. And if you're not a guys dream girl, the woman he dreams of and sees himself being with, then you're a placeholder in the meantime chick until he can get the women he really wants.

• Exactly... i just don't understand how people say it ok if the guy has a preference... i see everything wrong in that... i have a preference too but I would only go for that.. I think its only right that people should date there own preference..

• I think it's fine to have preferences but looks fade so personality is way more important. For example my fiancé prefers brunettes. I was blonde when he met me and for the first 2 years of our relationship and recently became a red head. He said he always found me attractive inside and out. He's actually used us in the past to show that preferences are fine but don't matter in the long run.

• Well, I think it depends on how strong the preference is. Like, for example, I always had a slight preference for blonde hair and blue eyes. My current bf though, is neither of those things. He has light brown hair and brown eyes. I wouldn't just up and leave him just because some blonde guy walked into my life. I think it depends on how strong the preference is. If it's a strong one, then yeah, go for someone else, but if it's not a strong one, then take a chance.

• In my point of view, relationships don't work that way. I'm sorry you had bad experiences. But in my opinion, looks only help until some point.
    A guy said I was exactly his type, ended up freaking out over me not wanting to date, went crazy, blackmailed me, etc.
    Another guy said (and I quote) I was "what he ever wanted in a cute little package", ended up having sex with someone else and messing up his second chance too.
    Third guy who went for brunettes with dark eyes turned out to be married with two kids.
    My ex was into blondes with big boobs and I'm a brunette with 32B. We broke up a month ago and he still says that might what attracts him the most but relationships are so much more than that, that's why we made a great couple.
    See where I'm going with all this crap?

• but i have ideal preferences. its a two way street.

so date a guy with a "preference" but make sure that preference is you.