Kissing just to be polite?

Guys: if a girl initiates a kiss and you're not really all that into her, would you just kiss her back to be polite/nice? Asking because I kind of feel like this might have recently happened to me.

• Kiss her to be polite?
  • Refuse kiss
Ok, just to be clear, I'm talking about a kiss on the lips.

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't lead anyone on. Not right.

What Guys Said 10

• This actually happened to me with a co-worker who had too much to drink. I decided to kiss her and got a bit concerned when the tip of her tongue made like it was going to shoot into my mouth, when I was only expecting a kiss on the lips. I didn't feel bad because I'm single, and she didn't seem to get the wrong impression so I guess no harm.

• Like someone else said kisses are fine in the cheek but on the lips I'd refuse. There is no reason to lead a girl on if I don't like her.

• Hmm this doesn't have to do anything with being polite if that is the case. Its only two things: either he has no spine or just wants to f...

• Depends on what kind of kiss it is. If it's a kiss on the cheek then I'll give one back (I'm Latino, it's very common in our culture).

But if it's a kiss on the lips then hell no, I wouldn't just give any girl one. I haven't had my first kiss yet and I would not want to waste it on some random girl just because she wanted one.

• That almost happened to me once. I could tell she wanted us to---asked me to set down next to her on the bench looking out to the beach under a beautiful night sky (t'was very romantic), but... I didn't want my first kiss to be with her.

• Kiss is Kiss... Dont over shadow it... Simply kiss...

• Kiss is Kiss... Simply Kiss! I like that but I don't like kissing girls who aren't in my league ya know?

• Gotta refuse it. No need to give mixed signals.

• Depends what she looks like to be perfectly honest. If she's like a 6 I'm gonna say no if she's a 7 I still may say no if she's like an 8 I'll probably kiss her just to be polite but unless she's good looking I'd most likely tell her no.

• it depends on the girl who's kissing me.. if I like her sure I will kiss her back even on the lip.. if I don't like her I will push her and apologize.. maybe I will allow her just courtesy but I will let her feel that I don't like what's she doing..

and also it depends on the person and his attitude and his deal with you..

• If she was OK looking I would kiss her. If she was ugly then I wouldn't.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm actually surprised that not many guys would kiss back!

• You don't have to do anything you don't want! You can refuse to kiss, if you don't want to kiss, for whatever reason - no-one owns your body but you. I sound like those books my mother made me read when I was little, you know the ones?