Flowers? Weird or sweet?

So I've been on a few dates with my gym partner and I want to be sweet and surprise her with flowers when we go out next. she's surprised me before, she remembered my favorite flavor for desert and suprised me with it for my cheat meal lol I don't know I don't see any harm in it but would that be sweet or too much?

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for it! I'd love to get flowers.. from any guy! Maybe one day...

What Girls Said 84

• Rather buy her a rose plant or any other beautiful plant. Flowers die, thus losing its meaning & value. I don't know, that's just how I feel about it... If she likes teddy bears, buy her one. Honestly, I'm 23 & still love teddies... Lol. Chocolates are also quite pointless... It's not special at all.

• Some girls like them, and some girls don't. Based on your description of her, I'd say she'd like it, it seem like you two have comfortable grounds, and she even surprised you! All she's waiting for is your move. Since flowers are "cliche", try making it unique, although flowers are very sweet already. Goodluck

• Listen, every girl will appreciate it if you buy her flowers. It's just the sweetest thing and it really shows that you cares and think about her. My advice would be not to constantly gift her with flowers, otherwise it wouldn't be as special (and she'd have no place to put all of them... lol) but yeah definitely go for it (:

• No not weird at all... I think it's sweet and romantic and something she'd most likely be impressed and flattered by. I wouldn't get a huge bouquet but flowers is definitely a nice idea. Lucky girl!

• Yes! especially red flowers!

• Get her flowers!! It's an old fashioned thing that every girl secretly wishes for. Go for something Classic like roses- you can't go wrong :)

• Many people consider the old flower thing quite cheesy and old fashioned. But who says old fashion is bad? There's nothing wrong with bringing her a beautiful bouquet of her favorite flowers! It'll most likely make you stand out from any other guy she's been with and it'll definitely prove that you're spontaneous, sweet, and that you pay attention to her and notice the little things. Just be sure that she's not allergic, otherwise go for it Mr. Romeo!

• Yeah that's cute.

• That's sweet.
    If you're not totally sure she would like them, try getting her a small bouquet first, or even better, a single rose.
    Then you'll have your answer and you won't overwhelm her either if she is one of those rare girls who don't like flowers. :)

• She adores you, she remembers little things about you. Giving her flowers would make her swoon and happy beyond reason. Do it! :P

• That's sweet, flowers are always a good idea. Do it :)

• I think flowers are a sweet gesture. Maybe to make it more personal you could get her favorite kind or color.

• Cheesy :/...

• i dont like flowers personally cause then they die :(

• if i got flowers i would be like awwwwwww that is so adorable!!! Thanks babe, followed with a kiss. I think she would love it, unless she is a really sporty girl then she might rather like a homemade smoothie or something I don't know... but flowers is one of the best things you can give a girl, besides chocolate. Chocolate is totally awesome especially around Valentine's day! <3.
    Totally go for it on the flowers though i think she would love it!!! :)
    Hope this helps :)

• That's sweet, I like when guys buy girls flowers, it's so old fashioned I love it :) So yeah flowers! 💐

• Go for it!! Just don't over do it. I once had a guy bring me flowers every week and it was a bit much.

• Yes! Go with the flowers!
    It would definitely show her that you care about her. I think giving flowers is sweet. :]

• Ur probably the only person ever who considers flowers for a girl 'weird' :D it's sweet for sure

• I love getting flowers, she sounds like she would too :)

• As a girl, I love flowers. Especially from a guy who I am dating. It shows he cares. And it won't hurt.

• Flowers, chocolates and chivalry. Never fails to make me melt. :D

• I personally don't like flowers. But the fact that toy put an effort to surprise me is sweet. So if I were her I would srill thunk it's sweet

• I'd say sweet especially if you know her favorite and as long as she doesn't have any flower allergies

• Flowers are nice, but I always like it better when a guy does something more personal for me. Like I loooove reese's peanut butter cups and for prom, my boyfriend got me a jumbo reeses cup while all other girls got flowers or cards. It was adorable.

• Borrrrring. Flowers are soo cliche think of something more original something that shows her you've been paying attention to her and the type of girl she is.

• Sweet but don't go over board.

• I'd say sweet. :)

• yeah its cute but i think you should figure out something she really likes so it will mean more to her.

• I don't like flowers too much but if a guy ever bought me them I would think I was super nice and would really appreciate that he got me them :)

• More from Girls
    54

What Guys Said 11

• that would be ULTRA-common

if i was a girl and a guy gave me flowers i'd put the flowers on his ass LOL

dude find some better more UNIQUE ideas

• Flowers is chill. Some girls don't like them/ think they are over the top. But getting flowers won't hurt you in anyway.

• Dude... not weird at all... always a good idea giving flowers. They can brighten up even the gloomiest of days.

Just a couple of hints to go with:

Ask the florist what certain flower types mean and give her the ones that express how you feel towards her.

You can always ask her sister or someone close to her which type she likes too!

Go the extra mile and give her a card that says you like her... or you care. If you don't want to scare her because it is early just go with something simple like... was wondering by the shop and I was just thinking about you when I saw these. Just go with the little card from the florist... not the hallmark kind where they say everything for you. The idea is to express how you feel towards her. That way when the flowers die, she will still have the card as a reminder.

Good luck!

• Find out her favorite flower... then get them. Flowes can be really sweet but girls have different takes. On girl I dated hated they died but loved lilies... sloution silk lilies. Another loved flowers but thought roses were over done but loved carnation... sloution varied color carina ruins with one red rose in the middle... when asked why the rose I told her it was a symbol of uniqueness and strength... she loved it.

One of my dates loved dandelions so I went and broght her to a local field filled with them.

My point is the more thought you give to the flowers the more meaning.

• It's not weird, most would find it sweet. Just don't over do it cause that can scare em away.

• Last time I gave a flower to a girl, it was a rose from my mom's garden. She knew it and she liked it more than the ones at stores

• grab a rose, make her look away,
    put it in your mouth,
    when she looks back,
    just raise both your eye brows 2-3 times.

This will be sweet/romantic/comedic 97% of the time.

^^ xoxo Have fun with it !

• A big teddy bear would be better It will LAST longer and every time she see's It, Might think of you LOL
    BUT flowers are sweet as well woman like that sort of thing ,, flower's do Di?

• Dude perfect!! Surprise her with some flowers! U got the right ideA

• I love giving girls flowers

• sweet
    answemrine