I don't have feelings for him like that? Should you date someone because they are "Right"for you?

My coworker (John) likes me. he's a great guy if I wanted a relationship he would be my go to guy. he's everything I would like in a guy if I liked him. Im been trying to make it work but I just can't. My ex and I broke up 4 months ago I loved him and until recently we just stopped talking after I told him I was dating. Im just not feeling John no matter how hard I try the feeling is not there. Went on a lot of dates but my heart is some place else.

I just feel like ever since I became single people have been trying to get me into another relationship. I rather just do school and work right now. Everywhere I turn its someone in my face trying to hangout, kiss or get intimate.

there's no connection there. john talked to me about it a few days ago. He was mad. I told him" I can't make myself feel was not there." I tried to like him we have a lot in common but I can't even bring myself to kiss him.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, I'd tell your friends and family to stop pushing you to date someone, tell them you're happy now as things are and you need some time for yourself.

Second of all, if I were you, I wouldn't go for it. You have zero feelings for him, it would be like living with your brother. If you don't feel a connection or anything, why fool the both of you? You're wasting your time, you're wasting his time, it hurts you and it hurts him. It doesn't benefit anybody here.
    I would honestly tell him it's just not working for you and that you'd rather stay friends.

What Guys Said 1

• Just tell him you still aren't ready to date anyone and that he should date other women and if you feel differently about him in the future you'll let him know.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't waste his time. You wouldn't want someone to date you for those reasons do don't do it to him. He's not a bad guy he just ain't for you.

• I wish I knew what to do about right guys that have no spark... But in this case, I think you haven't healed yet either. He'll just have to get over it.