If a guy is 27 and never had a girlfriend, still a virgin, should that raise red-flags? should I avoid dating or getting into a relationship with him?

i met this guy through my friends at a party, who i admit i find attractive, and his guy friends have told me he is 27 and never had a girlfriend before, a virgin, now that makes me speculate if he is worth dating or not, i'm confused now, what do you think? is a guy who has been single that long, does that raise red flags?

Most Helpful Guy

• Huge red flag, there needs to be a reason no girl has ever showed interest in him.

What Guys Said 7

• Admittedly it's not normal in the grand scheme of things, but if he's a good person and there's chemistry and compatibility between you two then I think you'd be mad to cast him aside. I'd give him a chance and see what he's like and go from that.

Is it a red flag? I'm going to be a little bias here, I'm nearly 26, a virgin and had one relationship so I am not much better off and I'd say it isn't but if it's a red flag for you then that's understandable.

• i'm not looking at it as a negative thing anymore

• I never so much as kissed a woman by age 27. I figured that would be viewed as a red flag by women, meaning basically that I was screwed for life. So in that sense, I was sabotaging myself. As long as you're comfortable with the guy, and he's comfortable with you, I say go for it. It just might take a little work on your part to coax him out of his shell.

• well now i'm strongly considering giving him a chance now

• if u like him u like him. a guy who sleeps around raises red flags. not a virgin. we all have our own personalities and maybe he doesn't appeal to a lot of girls so he doesn't get laid. i wouldn't think he is a bad person.

• What I've come to learn is that putting it out there that you're a virgin or sleeping around is the issue rather than being a virgin or sleeping around alone. Basically you're giving out too much information and acting like either scenario defines you.

• Not really. Maybe he thought all the skanks out there weren't relationship worthy. Maybe his friends are lying. Or maybe he's ran into a bunch of girls like you.

• I'd give him a chance. If you like him then go for it. I would say a persons character defines them more than their sex life than lack of.

For instance as a guy, if I found out a girl had sex with a lot of dudes, I wouldn't be happy about it but I wouldn't be a total dealbreaker as long as she was clean and responsible. What it really boils down to attitude.

Like if a girl makes it known that she's slept around and uses to sex to get guys to like her and acts like a sex object then it'd be a turnoff. But if I just simply found out a girl slept with 10+ guys, but has a great personality then I'd be ok.

Does that make sense?

I think part of the reason virgins who do struggle is because they make it known and let it get in the way of their confidence and self esteem like they're carrying some burden.

• ya i agree, i'm gonna pursue him now

• i would overlook that, a persons past does not dictate their future.

• i would say just do what you want, don't care what others opinions are

What Girls Said 4

• Not necessarily.
    I have a guy friend who was a virgin until he was 25. Very good looking, nice, funny... Just never met the right girl and got down to it, and the longer he left it the harder it was to cross that bridge.
    Give him a chance and form your own opinion on him, ignoring his sexual past - I mean, I know I wouldn't be to keen on dating a guy who judged me for what I've done, or how many people I've slept with in the past, so why should we judge a guy for his sexual history (or lack thereof)?

• thats what i'm strongly considering now

• If he's like me, he's probably just very conservative and isn't interested in wasting time with casual dating. Ever since I hit puberty, i have had the mindset that if they have some sort of character issue (lack of ambition, etc.) that I couldn't see myself marrying into, then I don't even waste my time dating them. It has been kind of beneficial to me in that I have a good reputation for not being a slut. I often felt like being too picky I would never find anyone, but it has just taken time. I'm thankful for the decisions I have made. Also, I'm very career and family focused, so I don't really make time for a relationship by choice. He may feel that way too. i am 23 and entering into my second relationship in my life.

• I'd say go for it. My bff is 26 and a virgin and he is a amazingly sweet and kind.

• oh nice, how long have you and him been together?

• My brother is about that age and never had a grown up girlfriend (he dated one or two girls in high school, nothing sexual happened). He's not a virgin but might as well be. He's just quite shy, and he has a lot of respect for women and sooo much love to give. If he had a girlfriend he would treat her like a princess and love her til the end of time. Don't judge someone on these types of things. Don't write them off.

• so he has only gotten laid through one night stands?

• thats what i'm strongly considering

• What have you really got to lose? Just don't screw the poor guy over. Not that I think you would, just... He'd probably take it harder than others.