I have a boyfriend. But a crush on someone else?

I have been dating my boyfriend for 2 and a half years. We are both in college and go to the same school. In my class, I've met another guy who has a lot in common with me. He likes a lot of the same music, movies and hobbies. I have a lot in common with my boyfriend too, don't get me wrong. This guy keeps inviting me over to work on school work and study together. I can't tell what his intentions are, but I do kinda like him and I feel reeeeally bad. I haven't mentioned this guy to my boyfriend. I know he'd be upset. But I have no idea what to do! The other guy is very funny and nice. I enjoy his company. I can't keep making up lies on why I can't study with him. I really want too. But it isn't right. how do I take care of this situation?

Ps. My boyfriend has gone back to his ex while with me and texted her being very flirty. that was like 7 mo ago bUT I'm still crushed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Time to drop your bf. Even if this other guy's intention is just friends, there is another man you like now, and your bf is not the one. I would be crushed if I was the bf and found that out about my gf. I would rather just move on rather than to be her second best.

• You can have a crush on someone and still love your current partner. It's only bad if you do something with the other person.

• you can down rate me that is fine. Yes you CAN, that does not make it right. IT is one thing to see someone you are attracted to and then move on. It is another thing to in your mind debate it and want to find a way to make it happen. That is a far different thing. And if my GF was doing that to me, she could move on if i found out about it. You can be happy to have a chick that tells you one thing but crushes on someone else... Perhaps you like cuckholding, not me. OR perhaps you are in the one doing the crushing and trying to justify it.

• When I was in a relationship, I had a crush on a coworker and my girlfriend at the time wasn't bothered by it. I never thought about cheating or anything, it was a harmless crush.

What Guys Said 2

• You shouldn't feel jealous that you have a crush on another guy so long as you don't act on it. My then-girlfriend knew I had a big crush on one of our mutual coworkers, she didn't get angry or anything she thought it was kinda funny/cute but some people would get jealous of that. But basically, no harm no foul.

• She knew I chose her over our coworker and trusted that I'd never cheat so it wasn't a big deal.

• It would have hurt my feelings a little had it been reversed, but I could have lived with it.

• typo: change jealous to guilty

• Lose one guy and i hope it's the imposter. Does he know that you're in a relationship?

• I'm not sure. I don't think so.

What Girls Said 5

• Why are you still with him? If you can't get past the fact that he cheated on you or whatever he did with his ex, then it's not healthy to stay in the relationship. If you want to leave, then leave. Some relationships are not always meant to last.

• Either u love ur boyfriend or u don't.
    something must be not right in ur current relationship eg. it might be boring now
    if u love a person i dont see how one can have a crush on another.

• you pick which one you want. can't have both. then stop liking the other.

• your bf has been good to you so be good to him also.. stay away from this guy.

• My boyfriend has gone back to his ex while with me. Meaning, he has talked to her and been VERY flirtatious and stuff. We tried to mend it and it worked. But I'm still hurt.

• Why'd you stay with him?

• Because at the time I thought it was right. I didn't realize it would be on my mind. BUT it's been months. And I feel it's too late to break up.

• It's a very difficult situation, I'm in kind of a comparable situation myself of being in a relationship and crushing on another person. I think you don't nessecarily have to tell your boyfriend, but than you do have to make it clear to the other guy that you are not going to study together with him and that you have a boyfriend. However, if you do accept one of his invitations I feel like your boyfriend has the right to know. I also don't think that would be a good idea. Being alone with another guy that you're crushing on is probably going to lead to things you're going to regret later.