"The one that got away" have we all experienced this before?

Have we? Have we not? Why was that? Did you do anything to get that person back?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes :( i still think of him

we were both great... just not for eachother...
    life with him would have made me loads happier, but its not a life i can live :( and i dont want him to change his mindset or views because of me

it was kinda like someone who wanted to live in the forest fell in love with someone who wanted to live a city life
    we were so similar yet complete opposites at the same time <3
    he was a lot of the things i wanted... but it couldnt happen any way

he is a great guy, he deserves someone as great as him
    even if i could have him... i wouldn't
    its hard to explain...

• I'm sorry to hear that but perhaps it was best left as that. Do you both still keep in touch?

• He was a lot of the things I wanted? Why don't you just be you!! Why be him? Like he's God or something. I mean really? @Anonymous

• @Kiwifun hehee you're funny

but yea i meant he is a lot of things i wasnted in a dude :P lol

What Guys Said 2

• No, we haven't, I don't "lose" things like this.

• Yeah, it's happened to me. We couldn't date because of distance. I do think from time to time of what it could have been like, but ultimately what's most important is the relationship I have with my current Gf.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes. It happened to me unfortunately.

He was this really cute guy. He was very nice and sweet. He would always smile at me. He was also very smart.
    I felt inadequate compared to him, so I didn't wanna go out with him. Cuz I felt that he could do so much better than me. Honestly, I always wondered why does he like me so much? Like wtf could he see in me? So I never gave him a chance.
    He was very good looking, even my friends (for once) agreed with me (normally the guys I find goodlooking, they don't.) So I thought maybe he was a "player". I was dead wrong. Don't ever judge a book by his cover. He is the opposite of a player.

I remember one time I was at the store and he was working there. He saw and he instantly smiled at me. I was with my messy rat's nest hair in a bun. I was wearing my brother's 2xL shirt and some really baggy joggers. I looked like a homeless person, no lie.
    And he stared at me and smiled.
    Some really pretty girl walked by us. She had blonde hair, light skin, green eyes. It was summer, so she had a tank top, big boobs. And short shorts, she had an hourglass figure.
    As she walked by, I was convinced he would check her out. But NOPE. He literally didn't stop staring and smiling at me. I felt so I don't know. Special and pretty.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I would have given him a chance.

Now, he has a girlfriend and a baby. So I'm just happy he's happy. Even if it's not with me.

• Yes, but my experience was with someone who I knew liked me and I liked him back, but I was dating at the time and didn't pursue him. When things ended with me and the guy I was with, I was actually happy because I wanted to be with my friend for all that time that I was with the other guy. I liked my friend a lot, but I never expressed it to him. When I broke up with my bf at the time, I wanted to tell my friend my feelings for him, but I didn't know how to tell him without it sounding like he was a rebound. He honestly wasn't. I waited too long and eventually we drifted apart. :( I never got to tell him I had feelings for him. I don't regret not telling him, but he will always be "the one that got away."

• Yes. He was absolutely amazing and made my life feel like a fairytale. Considering how last time we spoke, he was trying to decide whether to take on his parent’s business back home in another country or be a rebel and stay here…there’s really no telling where he is. I’ve accepted that he will be one of the possibilities that crosses my mind on my deathbed. Would be lovely to somehow reunite.

• Well I'm the one that got away according to all of my exes. They have tried to get me back. I have yet to run across a man that I let go of that I thought I made a mistake about.

• Yess. It was just too complicated we loved eachother insanely just didn't wanna go through all the drama so we went our seprate ways.

• nope haven't experienced that.

• I made my now husband let his "one" get away and i can't make it better for him