I've known him for a long time, but he's not single yet. Advice? Long?

I met this guy 6 years ago. I had a bf at the time, we had mutual friends so we all hung out together. We became really good friends like bff lol. I knew he liked me.. he told me, and used to flirt a lot. Well me and my bf broke up and he stroked my ego. I stayed hung up on my ex (first love) for a while and then I moved an hour away. We still talked but didn't see each other often. He found a gf and later I got a bf. Well in these 6 years there was 1 time we were both single, which was when I was still hung up on my ex. We've still flirted and bullshitted around all this time, but have seen each other less frequently. He has mentioned how he's always wanted me to give him a shot a time or two. And well I heard from him today, first time in months.. he's been dating this girl a little over a year, and he proceeds to tell me that I was always the girl of his dreams but I would never give him the time of day.. (kinda true) He said I'd been shady and he missed talking to me bc our convos are mostly flirty shit talking lol. Anyways, i told him since he went off on his job and got him a new woman he kicked me to the curb, he said I kicked him first so he had to settle for 2nd best. Anyways he says it's not working between them and I'm first on his list lol. I told him I didn't wanna here that. He's cutting off his ball and chain or that he has a list. Anyways.. I've really considered giving him a chance. Like, we have great chemistry. There was a brief moment b4 he started seeing his now gf that we were both single but I'd just gotten out of a 2 1/2 yr relationship and that'd when I thought maybe we could have something, i just couldn't act on it bc my heart was broken and I wasn't ready, he started seeing his gf about 2 or 3 weeks later. Advice?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Stop waiting for someone

• I'm defn not waiting on him. I've been single for almost a year now, by choice. I was just asking advice about all these years of having an attraction to each other, and a great friendship.