Guys with overweight girls?

Why is it that guys only want the tiny little girls? I've been struggling to find a guy who will be okay with curves and some chunk but turn me down for a girl who is super tiny. Guys why is that? (yes I know that there are guys that love fat girls but apparently not where I live).

But what if the girl is overweight from a health issue (there are such health problems) but is still healthy and eats correctly?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not that I have anything against bigger girls. In fact, many of my friends are on the larger side, and I think they're great people. Unfortunately, I am just not attracted to them.

It's just the way people are wired, just like gay guys and lesbians are not attracted to the opposite sex. It's not something that is chosen or can be changed, I'm afraid.

I put a more emphasis on personality, compatibility, and substance, rather than physical appearance, but there still has to be some level of sexual attraction for a relationship to work. If I'm not attracted to her, and her to me, then the intimacy necessary to build upon the bond we share won't be there.

What Guys Said 7

• Guys are just programmed to think it's only acceptable to seek out skinny girls, doesn't necessarily mean that that's all they really like, some are just afraid to do it because they think they'll be ridiculed. I've talked to most of my male friends about this , and we all agree we're okay with dating girls who are slightly overweight, I think men overall like curvy women because it's something you can "feel" cuddling or during sex. There's even guys who prefer bigger women over others, attraction is all very individualistic and subjective, we're just made to think in society we have to be attracted to a certain type of person in each gender, but in reality that's just not true at all.

As one other commenter said though, you should really strive to keep a somewhat healthy weight, being at the extreme end of either kind of weight is dangerous for you.

• I do strive to go to a better weight but my health issue gets in the way. I work out, I eat healthy and keep active especially with two younger sisters and 3 cousins under the age of 12 keeping me going.

• My former girl was a big one and short she gained a lot of weight saying to me when we ate that she tried to keep up with me as for eating goes

• I'm disabled and have depression and I love food. I ate my way into dieabettes. I'm 25 and was at 250 pounds at my biggest. My goal is to get down to 160. Every girl I've ever dated has never been tiny. It's not that I wouldn't date someone skinny or fit but I like to date someone my size I guess. I'm not huge but I'm not small either. If I really love you I'll give you a shot no matter the size. Skinny girls date but I usually see them with skinny guys too. I think it just comes down to what you like some don't mind it some do. I try never to judge because I need to lose weight and have a messed up body, someone will have to over look my flaws anyway.

• I would date a girl who is considered "overweight" as long as she's still healthy and she doesn't weigh more than me.

• I really see no problem at all with them. They are women, too. You'll find a guy :)

• Its not that just not really attracted to them

• Why don't girls like heavy guys?

What Girls Said 5

• People like healthy people... If you are just a little on the chubby side and still healthy but you are are obese it isn't attractive... sorry to be blunt but it needed to be said.

• Come to Chicago. Lots of guys love chunky girls here. My ex cheated on me with a big girl. And I'm petite and slim. So there's that.

• I am in Chicago lol

• Yeah a bit older than me lol. I think it's because since I'm 17 and the other people I work with and go to school with are around my age and just expect someone skinny to show off to their friends. I live by Taft High School where the guys are super picky lol. The only time I've seen an overweight girl with a guy is if they are near the same age.

• Is that by the white people? Maybe that's why.
      Latinos and blacks seem to like bigger women than white guys. Unless it's like redneck white guys, but preppy ones usually go for thin women.

• You just haven't found him yet.

• Its an unfair reality I supppse

• I am very overweight because of a health problem too. But I am a very active and athletic person as well. I am scared to pieces because I recently reconnecting with a boy I played sports with in high school, but I'm afraid when he sees me for the first time since then (we will be going on a date for v-day) that he will not like me because I've gained 50 pounds. It's my biggest worry because he's been my crush for YEARS!