Why doesn't the guy want to date me?

A guy friend he likes me as a friend. he even one year back said he wants to date me. But now after a gap of 6 months as we werent in contact. I suddenly met him in the party.

he was shocked to see me. But he even told me things won't work out between us. But I do think you're great.

I asked him if he has a gf. He said I do have a gf back at my hometown. Later i said "well, if you break up with her, do call me." then he smiled and said I really don't have a gf. And I am not in the mood of being in a relationship.

why is it acting like this?
he wanted my phone number, but i didn't give it to him.

Most Helpful Guy

• So after showing interest, he told you that he doesn't have a gf... oh well, that means he's looking for a hook-up.

just a guess, i'm not 100% sure though

What Guys Said 3

• He doesn't want to *date* ANYONE. He wants to BANG. He was trying to tell you, without coming right out and saying it, that he doesn't want to date, just fuck.

Lots of guys feel this way, especially in their 20s, so it shouldn't be a new concept for you. Anyway, he made his offer, it wasn't what you wanted, so you declined. That's usually how it goes, so don't trouble yourself with him anymore.

• Who cares? He's stupid. Move on.

• I think he joked about having a girlfriend, then you expressed interest and asked him to call you but didn't give him your number after he asked for it. Like wtf, I don't even...

What Girls Said 2

• Dude, he just doesn't want to date you. It happens. move on.

• i been were you are i drove myself nuts to point people not talking to me anymore ... trust me it best to move on it his loss