Did I just get friend zoned or is he into me and playing it cool?

I met this guy online and we have been talking for a few weeks. He initiated contact with me and I replied. His answers were short and he just seemed kinda boring at first. So after a few days I gave up trying to keep the convos going. but after 3 weeks I said hi to him and he replied with what seemed like excitement. He gave me his number then and I waited a day to text him. After that we talked everyday all day even while we were working. We met and instantly hit it off. I felt chemistry between us and I know he did too. He held my hand and even held my waist as we walked through the crowd. Well after the date we hardly speak and I have to initiate convo. I am a straight up women and told him how I felt and what I wanted. It didn't scare him away tho but he just said " I want to chill and hangout with you" uhh whaaattt? So did he friend zone me and exploring his options? I'm confused but will not continually ask him what's up... help

I think I did too.. He is either to afraid to tell me the truth or just doesn't care. Because #1 he said that my honesty is what he most liked about me since no other woman has been so up front with him. #2 he says we're good and he likes hanging out with me and wants to do it again this weekend. I don't get why being up front with men turns them away when all you hear from others is, that they are looking for Honest women..

Most Helpful Guy

• Men don't play cool.

What Guys Said 2

• I'll just explain the "friend zone" another time... You are only in the friend zone if you confessed your feelings or asked the other person out and they told you "I only like you as a friend" everything else are just stupid assumptions.

• I think he did, but then again, call him out on it

What Girls Said 2

• sorry to say but I think you did sort of scare him, or at least take some out of the fun of dating and getting to know one another by telling him how you felt.
    Dont get me wrong there's nothing with being up front. That shows you are honest. But in my experience like he said, for now he wants to just chill. Guys live in the moment, not the future unfortunately.

• he's TOO BUSY SHOPPING AROUND! with TOO MANY DISTRACTIONS from other candidates
    which seems odd since he's usually a dud that doesn't highlight his best qualities
    but
    less supply (men) vs high demand (women) = you have to wait