How bad should a heartbreak hurt?

Its seriously ruining me. My family sees it and it effects them, it effects my work, and it hurts like hell.. Should it hurt this bad? Its 2 months since the breakup and NC. She rebounded me, cheated on me, and lied soo many times..

We were on and off for a year and she ALWAYS begged for me back. Always texted first, she seemed very into me.. But then left me for her ex boyfriend.

When i wake up, and go to bed, she's on my mind. i've been going out with friends and it still hurts so bad. I cry a lot over her, and i never cry... Wtf man. Is this normal? Should i be hurting THIS bad? Especially knowing that whenever im crying over her, she's probably getting F#$%ed by some guy at that very moment. That hurts the worst..

Most Helpful Girl

• It's completely normal to feel that way after a break up. I've been through it several times. My biggest comfort is that 2 months is too quick to think you'll be making progress. It takes far longer than for it to get better in some cases.

Heartbreaks hurt and I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time.

What Girls Said 1

• The harder you fell the harder it hurts. It's normal. Eventually it'll get easier and you'll find someone else that will make all this pain you're going through worth it. But right now cry it out, eat some ice cream. Then get up, get dressed, get a new haircut or buy some new clothes. Change can help. Take it one day at a time and slowly start over. You'll be okay :)

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah its normal and to get over a cold bitch you must erase her from your life. Its going to be hard. A good friend of mine once told me don't ever fall in love because you set yourself up for hurt. Another thing that effects you is movies that involve love or music so stay away from all that and you'll be fine.

• You need to bone somebody else, maybe go to a strip club let the ladies show you some attention. This is just temporary but you'll feel good doing it, and it keeps your mind off it. Work out run, take a kick boxing class or get a speed bag endorphins make you feel amazing and it boosts your confidence. Good luck b strong brother

• I have and it doesn't work. i thought of her the whole time..

• I've only been heartbroken once so far. I ended up hurting both of us and it took me 2 years to "officially" move on, which sucked. I drank quite a lot... A habit which she did a lot because she was still young. Notice the redflags when you can!

• Yeah, the first time is the worst, it's a learning experience though, it gets easier and eventually you won't give a fuck.