Would you date a terminally ill person?

This person is going to be dead in 2 months. He/she really likes you. You also think he/she is a really awesome person, attractive to boot. Would you be okay giving up 2 months of your life to connect with someone who is likely to be a positive influence on you but is also going to stop existing in a short period of time?

Assume that only the last TWO weeks are going to be physically difficult on him/her (i. e. throwing up, fainting, hospitalization towards the end).

• NO. I would not because...
  • YES. I would because...
HULLO!

i am not dying. so don't worry. :p

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to say no so bad, because it's nothing but a bummer, but I might actually do it because I think it would teach me a lot. Not anything I could learn in books, anyway.

Imagine the art that could come out of all those emotions/situations.

I don't want to exploit them by any means, but I can't ignore that that would be a unique experience for the better. It would certainly hammer home the value of life.

What Guys Said 32

• it would depend on the person and how much of a connection I felt with them but Id be open to it.

The way I see it is they are going to be out of my life eit her way so might as well take advantage of the opportunity to be with them while it's there but as I said that's only if I felt something special.

• I think I would. Now don't get me wrong if in those 2 months I really ended up falling for her I would most likely be a wreck afterwards. Still if I really liked her and she liked me yes I would want to be with her even if just for a little bit. At the same time I wouldn't want her to feel alone during that time.

• If she is really special to me.

• Only if it's you! I'd like to pick your magnificent brain, but then you'll probably turn it around and pick mine.

• lmao! there's nothing to pick! only a tumbleweed running across my frontal lobe :p

• @Illusive_Man you will learn one day, kohai :D

• *cover eyes in shame

• No could never date a terminal ill girl i just met cause my love is deep and when she dies i would go right with here cause that's the way i see things

• It happens to everyone sooner or later. Death comes to all in the end. Even in the most enduring relationships, both parties know that one of them will eventually die before the other (barring freak accidents.) Time is not all it's cracked up to be. It isn't whether it's 60 days or 60 years, it's what's in that time.

• If I was really that into her, I'd probably still will... But go all out and make it the best 2 weeks of her life, show and go to places she always dreamed of

• I could get with a girl now and she or I could die tomorrow. Life is all about the unexpected and in ways knowing when you are going to die gives you time to say goodbye and fulfil what you can. If she wishes to date me in the short time she has left, I would gladly date her and give her the happiness and all the undivided attention she wants.

• Sure why not? I may be dead tomorrow. Who cares, have fun while they are here. Send em out with a smile.

• This is a hard question, but ultimately i think i would since this person is awesome and we would likely get along very well its hard for me to find people like that and here's someone who wants to date me? I'm going for it, but the looming inevitable would be hard to ignore especially as it gets closer. I would end up being devastated over losing her.

:(

• What about you harakiri? would you date someone like that?

• It's all perspective. We all die. All relationships are temporary. That's life. If the love is real, then go for it!

• Sure, without hesitation. Of course it's not like the start of a relationship of course but I'd love to make her happy and I'd enjoy every minute of it!

• Been there, and it was the best 6 months of my life.

• Yes, of course I would. Because I would think that she's awesome and I'd love her character and also to keep her company on this tough period of time for herself

• I couldn't do it. If, in two months, I fall for the person, it would practically kill me to see them die, regardless of whether or not I had known prior. Hell, I hated leaving my old school when I transferred, and that was just friendships (that I still maintain). Dating and losing someone would be too much.

• Yes. It would hurt like hell but we would cherish our time together like nothing else.

• Yes I am a really soft person for those kind of people I don't know why.

• If I just meat them and it's the first date I'd shy away from dating them as I wouldn't want to develop feelings for them only to face heartbreak and sorrow. If we've been dating for a while, and they found out while we where dating they only had two months to live, I'd continue to date them, it would be hard physically and emotionally but in the end it would all be worth it knowing I was their to comfort and bring them happiness through their time of suffering. Most likely it would be a long time after their passing before I could bring my self to date again knowing the one I love/loved is gone :'(.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTqnw6OQXS0

• I wouldn't date them, however I would try to make there days as best as possible though.

• It'd be too painful.

• Dating a terminally ill billionaire might get one rich the quick and easy way.

• Sure, I would. I don't see anything against it.

• Yuppers
    we'd cram an amazing beautiful relationship into those 2 months
    she'd pass knowing she was loved

• yes... it would be sad in the end but i would make that person so happy until their last breath with a smile on their face.

• We never know exact people's lifespan on first place , i will take the offer..

• sorry but no, i couldn't afford it.

because if i did, then i'd be the one who'll be next

• yes, of course. I wouldn't consider it giving away 2 months but actually sharing them with someone that special.

• I would, I have and will do it all over again if it were possible!

• I'm not going to set myself up to lose someone right after I invest myself in them. By the time you get through the first few dates and get to know the person, they're going to be on their death bed.

• No way. I don't want to get emotionally invested in someone who I'll be grieving for, I'll leave that for a masochist.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 15

• I would. There is no other choice for me.
    If I felt mentally connected to him and if I had developed feelings for him, I'd do it.
    I wouldn't even think twice about it.
    It would be extremely painful and I'd probably end up way more bitter than I'm after losing them but... like I said I wouldn't even think about another option.

• My dad had cancer and although he was never told he was going to die I'd like to think if he wasn't with his then wife at the time and he met someone it would have worked out for the little amount of time. Also my friend's mom was given so long to live and she defeated the odds and is in full remission.

• No, I wouldn't date him it would bring my heart too much pain.
    I'd be his friend and create happiness in his soul that way.

• I think I could do that. It'd be really really painful, but I like the idea of being able to make someone happy during their final moments on this world.

• I used to date someone who has a few years 2 live... :/ We're still friends. I'm worried about her.

I think 'giving up 2 months of your life' isn't the right way to phrase it...

• No, because I can't deal very well with the death of loved ones. It would still haunt me 10 years later. So if I can choose it I will not love an already terminally ill person.

• Yes I would even though it would only be for a short period of time I definitely think it would be worth it. Love comes and it goes I would just be happy to have been apart of his life.

Like Alfred quoted " 'Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all."

It would probably kill me when I lose him, but life goes on.

• Yes. I'm good with handling pain and heartbreak and those would probably be an amazing 2 months where we could say and do and feel whatever we wanted together

It's be romantic

• I couldn't just because I'm overly sensitive and would probably be worrying and crying all the time. And if they died I won't be over it easily.

• I would to be honest. I wouldn't miss out on a good person because of an illness.

• you should make it the best two months of there life

• Of course I would and I'd make sure his last 2months are amazing

• No. I don't owe them anything.

• No, maybe it's selfish but I wouldn't want to go through the pain of them dying. If there was a chance of them living maybe.

• I would, because I think some people are worth knowing, even if for a short while.