Sometimes I feel like guys stray away as soon as they find out I'm a Christian. Whys that?

I'm not your typical girl, I'm going to school to study theology, I love God, I wear a purity ring, and I'm not ashamed, but it just sucks that it's hard to find guys that appreciate that.

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll have to search in specific places for a guy that wants those things. Something like Christians mingle, or church, bible study, you get the point.

I wouldn't date a girl with your values for two reasons: I am an Atheist, and I strongly oppose religion and religious beliefs. Someone who follows ANY religion is 99% sure to not be compatible with me. This even extends beyond religion. Any belief in ghosts, or spirits, or similar "paranormal" things is probably a no-go too. Also, if they don't beleive in the Big Bang or evolution, or any other scientific facts.

The second reason is that I am not monogamous and sex is important to me. I don't intend on getting married, so "saving myself for marriage" becomes nonsensical. I also like to have multiple partners and expect my partners to have other partners as well.

Based on these two fundamental reasons, there comes a plethora of consequential further reasons. But you can probably make out what they are on your own.

Everyone is different. As long as you are being the true you, it isn't a problem, though I think religious belief is a state of self denial.

What Guys Said 6

• Being Christian is ok , being religiously zealous enough to study theology is... rather... for a lack of better words "off-putting"

• It can scare some guys if they think that your standards are too high or they fear that you will put too much pressure on them to be the way you are.

• Atheism is hot.

• Some will, but some of us won't. Probably those of us who are Christians ourselves will appreciate it!

• Try catholicmatch or a christain dating site.

• I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's down to sex.

What Girls Said 1

• You'll find the right guy someday! Keep the faith, God has plans for you!

They probably stray away because they are not Christian themselves, or not that devout and your morals are too high for them. Don't lower them though!!!