Be honest. Have you, or would you, date someone your parents disapproved of on racial or religious grounds? How would you go about introducing them?
- I would not date outside what I know my family would approve of.12% (20)9% (7)11% (27)Vote
- I would or have dated outside my family's comfort zone. It didn't work out.9% (14)9% (7)9% (21)Vote
- I would or have dated outside my family's comfort zone. They came to accept it.15% (24)13% (10)14% (34)Vote
- My family's comfort zone is broad enough that I haven't run into conflicts.24% (39)27% (21)25% (60)Vote
- I don't care what they think, it's my life.40% (64)42% (32)41% (96)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
My parents are the typical strict and traditional Asian parents. But since I grew up in Canada, their views have changed and come on, will they be the one who'll marry this person you're dating? No. It's your life, and you have to push that fact to your parents for them to learn how to accept your choices, dating wise.3