Am I pretty or not really?

guys at my school say im not girly enough and im not pretty. they say i have to start acting lady lik help!

I wear something black everyday
Im not scared to fight/ defend
I dont wear dresses or skirts
I listen to scremo and pop punk
And i hang out with guys ( and a couple of girls)

I go to a rich kid School :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, there's a lot of people that think that if they don't like something or someone then it has to be the same with everybody else.
    Just don't listen to them, they are just little kids with a bigger bodyand hormones...
    and i think you are pretty, and I think that there's no need to be girly to be pretty...

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, you're pretty.

Many guys don't care what you wear but might pretend to hate it to be accepted by their peers
    Guys often like a girl who can defend herself
    Not an issue unless you plan on going to a formal event
    Many guys listen to screamo/punk in high school. I know I did
    This means you're a "guy's girl" which many guys prefer over girly girls.

The biggest issue with the whole guy's girl personality is that, when you start dating a guy, you run the risk of him being insecure and asking you not to hang around with your guy friends. If this happens, just find a guy who is more secure.

• Yes you are, and my Minion agrees with me, he says he likes you even more than bananas, and that's big.

Don't listen to those guys, listen to the Minion ;)

• You are really pretty and cute.
    It could be that there are a lot of other cute girls in your school or they don't like your personality so much.
    But no problem if u stay the way u are then one day u will find a guy who loves you, who adores you , and likes your personality also.
    Be the way u are and don't try to copy others so much as u are best when u are natural.
    U will surely find a nice guy because the world is a really big place and there is no scarcity of guys who like u.

• Your a beautiful sweet young girl don't ever change for nobody. You know better then that. You have an amazing talent and one day you will prove to all those fake people that your somebody. :)

• You are really pretty, however you seem to be of the tomboy type which is loved by some guys and hated by other guys. You can't make them all like you.

• Yeah You're pretty. A little young for me, but you're pretty none-the-less.

• Not really.

• you are pretty

• Lol, people with this latest craze of "I'm not afraid to defend myself", "not afraid to be myself", or things like that are killing me. Like it has suddenly become 'cool' to not get walked over in life again? I didn't know that ever went out, but alright.

Off topic but since I'm ranting, whatever: it's similar to how sarcasm (or people's assumption of what they think that means) has become a fad to strive for in the last 5 years or so. Like I'll hear people announce very specifically "Oh, I'm a very sarcastic person" looking for admiration or whatever for their edginess. First response is "Oh, are you now?"... to which their 'sarcasm' skills usually fall flat.

But I'll get back on topic and say: Just do whatever you want. You're worried now about impressing and fitting in with all these people around you but I can assure you that won't be the case like 2 months or so after you graduate silly high school. But you'll probably still worry about this shit so I'll just say... just do whatever you want, kiddo lol

What Girls Said 5

• not girly enough? You look 100% girl to me! You're really pretty

I think you just dress casually.. no need to dress like barbie all the time. Scremo/punk isn't my kind of music, but if you like it-why not?

• Don't take offence from Virulent... he kinda just says that to everyone... I think you are very pretty. Don't change what you like just because some pricks say you should. Some guy is going to find you amazing just the way you are.

• Well that's those guys' problem, not yours. You don't have to change just because they think you should conform to their view of how women should act. That's ridiculous. You're already perfect the way you are. Very pretty. But I listen to the same stuff! Crown the Empire is one of my favorites. Don't ever change (:

• You're pretty; they're stupid.

You should feel free to tell them to eff off.

• I think you're pretty enough :) And wow! You would be one of those girls I'd wanna hang out with but would be too shy to engage conversation with xD You sound cool.

• OMGEERD what bands do you like?

• Can we be friends PLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE

• Ahm yeah sure~! C: