Is dating a star college ball player setting your self up to be hurt?

My boyfriend is the star point guard of his college basketball team and we live two hours away from each other we barley talk anymore we mostly text and when we do talk I usually hang up because he's having a conversation with every one in the background. When we first got together he was so sweet and attentive ans now a year in he's just not the same. Arrogant and selfish would describe him now. But don't get me wrong he's a total sweet heart when he wants to be and that's what keeps me with him. Did I set my self up to get hurt by dating an college athlete that's two hours aways or am I being paranoid?

Most Helpful Girl

• The problem here isn't what his big career/job is. It's how much trust and commincation is lacking. You can date the CEO of (insert an mega rich company here) and if there's no trust it the relationship is doomed to fail.

What Guys Said 5

• Well if your asking then I guess the answer is you've already realized that you set yourself up when you first dated him

It's has nothing to do with a college point gaurd b ball player, it has more to do with your both in a growing stage figuring yourselves out. It's normal to want change.

Obviously being a b ball player means sports is a very important part of his life. BUT if he wanted I don't see how that should affect a girl he 'wants' to be with

• Yes y'all are done im sorry to be the truth teller here but if he's this "big man on campus" then there's plenty of bimbos throwing themselves at him and since y'all are two hours away you can't see each other daily so outta sight outta mind and im sorry but txting isn't physical but look at least no other woman will have him cause keeping up grades and a basketball career takes hard work a lot more than any woman will be worth to him which it seems is his attitude now

• Always date someone with fewer aspirations than your own.
    That way, you can be the bad guy :D

• Yeah. ====

• What college

What Girls Said 0