Why don't I like guys that like me?

I always ask people this and they don't understand. I don't like guys that like me.

For example, If I were to like a guy sooo much to the point where I freak out when he talks to me, the second he likes me back I don't like him anymore. I hate it, I don't like it when he shows affection buuut when he doesn't I get all sad and think he doesn't like me.

Im not aromantic or anything I just don't like too much or too little. I guess I think he likes me more then I like him if he says something too sweet then I just don't like him anymore.

Also if I like someone and they do something embarrassing in front of me (only if they act embarrassed) then its bye bye

Why am I like this? Should I adopt 12 cats and become a cat lady? It wouldn't be a problem.

• Become a millionaire and don't worry about guys.
  • Adopt 12 - 24 cats and live a happy life.
  • Live your life as an undercover agent and steal foreign boys from other countries.

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of the time it is about value. Since girls are more attracted to social value rather than appearance (unlike guys), they tend not to like guys who immediately want them for seemingly no reason.

Since most people want to be with someone who is better than they are, not worse, girls won't value a guy who likes them as much. The mentality is, "if he likes me, then how good could he possibly be?".

Many women tend to prefer to get a guy who isn't 100% sure about her, but then she somehow convinces him to like her. You might be one of these women. Guys who show less interest have more value in your eyes and ones who show more interest have less. Again if the guy shows interest back to you, he loses value in your eyes because it was too easy and he therefore can't be that great.

Some of it might be a self-esteem issue. If you don't think you are that great of a catch, then you won't think any guy who likes you has any value.

That's likely why you don't like the guys who like you.

What Guys Said 6

• That's just life. I also had lots of problems with finding a girl who really fits my requirements, but then I realized that if I keep on finding excuses I'll die alone :))

Some dudes just show way too much emotions. I can believe that. But you gotta accept us like this.

There's a lot more time for you. And guys in your age needs a lot more maturity. Just go with the flow, and enjoy what life offers:) don't you stress so much. We're dumb in that age. Don't expect too much.

Later on guys will get more mature (hopefully). As an advice, I suggest to look among the shy and quiet guys. They are usually more intelligent that the loud ones.

• I voted C it sounds exciting! ^___^ perhabs I can be of assistance in your quest

• Picky picky eh

• if you adopt 12 cats, your house is over. prepare to move in the park

• B

happy life :D

• Ok I hate you LOL 😁 stop breaking hearts 💔cause we have only one instead break there bones they have 206 of them

What Girls Said 6

• I knoooww i have the same problemm!! When I like a guy and then i find out he likes me i get excited at first but then he gets too cheesy all the time and I get bored easily. Even the guys that like me do the same, they keep giving me compliments and stuff till it puts me off. It keeps me wondering.. how am I ever gonna be in a relationship if one day i like the guy and the next i get bored of him.. huh..

• You are overly scares/paranoid about getting hurt/hurting someone.

• That makes sense, I hate hurting other peoples feelings and I go out of my way not to. ALWAYS

• Oops, scared*.
      But yeah, I have been that way and in some ways I am still this way.

• Because you have standards. People call it being a prude but I call it being a boss bitch who doesn't take any scraps. Only the best please 😊

• Because so many guys like you that you are fascinated with someone who doesn't. That's why players get so frustrated and twisted up with a girl who ignores them; even though the girl might not be the most popular, or the prettiest. (you are not a player by the way. just a pretty girl) However, you don't want to end up twisted up over a guy just because he doesn't like u. Instead of having cat fur on every piece of furniture, ignoring your (normal) desires and attempting to become rich, or kidnapping hot foreign guys, I suggest changing your mindset. Be grateful for the attention, not haughty, and be kind to the guys who like you. Someday, you will be in their situation and you will want to be treated the same.
    Sorry I rambled. :/ Good luck!

• commitment issues?

• I think you have some confidence issues. Like "how can a guy like me that fast?" Or maybe you like the hunt more than the catch