Females if you reject someone and months later you see him with a good job, muscular and attractive. Would you be re-interested in dating that guy?

Can people still have a change in mind or is friend-zoning and rejection a permanent thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I've seen this happen so many times. Rejection isn't always permanent, since people can change for the better through effort. But of course, there's NEVER a guarantee of acceptance! The girl may not just be into you.

I'm an ugly duckling story myself - I was pretty fugly growing up but I became better looking and the guys who once rejected me asked me out instead. Felt so good rejecting them in return. Bwahaha

What Girls Said 14

• It would take more than money, muscles, and being attractive to change my mind. Often, if I reject a guy, I will do it cuz I didn't like his personality. Or something about him that I knew we wouldn't tick.
    I don't care for money. I have my own. I enjoy paying for myself. Not to be an "independent feminist who ain't need no man", but because I've literally been working for myself. Supporting myself and my family (I have been in charge of paying rent and bills for myself, my mama, my younger brothers) since I was 16. I'm "the man of the house".
    I don't like muscular guys. I prefer skinny, dorky, scrawny looking men. But if he is muscular, that isn't a deal breaker. But it's not my preference at all.
    Attractive, how would he change his face months later? Lol Again, a pretty face is not enough. I have rejected some "hot guys" cuz there's something they said or did. Changing their attitude, maybe it'd help. Here's an example, I don't date guys who call girls bitches, sluts, whores, etc. That's just my standard. I don't date guys who are only nice to me, but jerks to everyone else. I observe how he treats not only other women, but other men as well.

It takes a really long time for me to actually like someone. And even longer for me to want to be with them. I've only had 2 boyfriends so far. I'm an extremely picky person when it comes to dating. Extremely picky.

Based on the criteria you gave me, I wouldn't be interested in dating him or giving him a chance. Now, if he changed his attitude for the better, then yea maybe. But for me (I don't know about other women), if I reject someone, it's almost permanent.

• This is why you're my girl, girl! 👍

• If he wasn't a show off, that's good. But I'm having a really hard time picturing this scenario of me finding out he has a good job and he's muscular now or whatever without him bringing it up.

• Its okay its just a random example i decided to throw out just cuz.

• No. I don't care what he looks like, how much money he has, what he drives/wears. I go for personality, and that usually doesn't change. Note if he had an attitude problem due to self esteem issues, and the job have him confidence, that might change my mind, IF he was already the personality type I go for.

• What if he was a nice shy guy that you weren't interested but later on down the line he is still that nice guy but is more mature and more of a confident individual?

• You don't think it takes "personality" to overcome rejection and rebuild your life?

• no. if i rejected someone, i think it would be mean to be like "NOW you're good enough" <--- that's an ugly thought.

• What if he's changed as a person and to someone you feel as if you start feeling an interest in?

• how would i know that? lol. i can't read his mind. if he approached me, then sure. but if i have no idea what he's thinking, i wouldn't bother him.

• but this is life though and why timing is everything.

• No, because I'm not interested in "good job", "muscular" & "attractive".
    The world is full of attractive people who have "good" jobs.
    I put emphasis on other stuff.

• What if personnality-wise?

• I understand. I'm only expanding your answers to my questions for knowledge cuz knowledge is power!

• I think that would be pretty shallow. I don't think the reason for rejecting him would have anything to do with just his looks or financial situation so personally I don't think that would matter.

That said, there may be other cases where a guy could come from the friend zone. Maybe the timing was off before.

• I would of expanded from the title but limit caps so...

What if it's on terms like he's a total different guy? Would you still be re-interested? Assuming if you are/were single?

• i see my type os but pls read on through

• @I_M_LEGEND I wasn't trying to win an argument tho. I was trying to see what other factors in the situation was. The QA didn't say why he was rejected in the first place and that's what I was trying to figure out. You got that money was the issue, but I didn't get that. I got your point tho. I wasn't trying to argue with you.

• Yes they can change their mind :P i would, considering the man you described with a great job and all muscular and shit

• I don't think so.

• Why do you think so?

• Because my attraction for guys run deeper than just muscles and good jobs. If I wasn't into him prior to him becoming more attractive physically, I doubt I'll be into him after.
      And even if I suddenly did become interested, for some reason, I'd know better than to ask him out or show interest. I had my chance with him and I didn't take it. It would be rude of me to show interest in him now that he's suddenly better off. And I know for a fact that he most likely would just laugh in my face for being so shallow.

• What if he didn't care about that and still digs you?

• Um... no.
    if I reject someone its because I am not interested in them in a romantic way, not because they don't have a decent job or because they're not fit enough

• What if his inner person improved to the point it interests you?

• when I reject a guy it usually isn't just one or two qualities that I don't like, its that I don't think our peesonalities go well together and he isn't what I want.

• Chances are high that they will change but only for convenience. That's not what you want. You want someone who'll accept you for you.

• I don't get this opinion answer, This question refer's you the "female" who rejects the guy like/accepts you but you weren't interested in the guy so you reject him scenario. (assuming you had this before)

• They will change their mind and re-consider you but not because they like you personally but what you now bring to the table.

• "They" who is they? Are you referring to the females or males?

And I'm not talking about me. I really don't understand your opinion answer...

• I'm quite sure a lot of girls would

• Yes, some can change their minds.

• That wouldn't matter to me. There had to be many reasons I rejected him.

• What if those reasons suddenly went down the toilet meaning you wouldn't have to have those "reasons"?

• Depends on how much it had changed. I would only reject a guy if he was jerk. Most of the times people won't change that.

• No, I wouldn't.

• No, because that would mean i'd only be using him for his body i. e. sex, and what i can gain from him materially. I'm not that shallow!

• What if he changed personality wise?

• Ah i see well thanks for the opinion and answer!

• You're welcome!

What Guys Said 5

• media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...4a5d17ac76da.jpg

That was true in my case though.

• good question, if she is a decent girl who likes some depth in people she wouldn't, if she is a shallow person she would, but if its regarding an ex girlfriend, they might yes, because they loved you once. i dont think anyone can answer that question, because you dont know. I've seen a girl last time who always had a crush on me since we were kids, she looked great, but we had an argument , i told her it was rude to read my messages but not take 1 minute time to respond to them. so crossed her path last time and i just walked by her, said nothing, she was with her bf, and i turned around and we caught us looking at each other.

i do think this type of stuff happens, but it will take a conciderate amount of time, and dont listen what the ladies her tell you, women are the most indecisive unlogical creatures out there, thats why i like them:P haha

some girls reject us, and sometimes because of the way you react to it, you can be in there mind, love is sometimes a game of mental chess. if you act angry, or sad they will use it against you, if you act cool, well and just do your thing, they sometimes do change their minds.

• Yea i just move on, even though it hurts to let a girl like that just go. But as they say if you like a girl you wish nothing but the best for her in my opinion.
      Should of marked this MHO.

• thanks mate, no worries. i do think women find it very atractive when men they used to know, made something out of themselves. im doing that right now , my ex gf, well im not gonna show her i feel sad about it. im hitting gym hard, 5 times a week, eating like a beast, working out, trying out new looks, and one day we will see each other, accidently or ill just hang around with her. its she who threw her life away when she was 16 getting a child with some random sucmmbag, not me

• depends on how much of an achiever she is herself or her status.

oh and how much she loves the guy

• Yes , since girls appreciate change and they are drawn into such people..

• You speak from experience?

• i noticed changes in attitudes when they felt we are doing fine job with our life..

• I am sure most women would,
    however that guy should not 'take them back', that would be foolish.

• How would that be foolish especially if it could be a friendzone or timing thing?

• Her not being interested anymore.

• So basically what you're saying is that for example I get rejected from a girl and after a couple of months or years she sees me and develops interests and then starts to lose interest for a certain amount time?

Basically the key words of your description "being used"