Which Type Are You? (compatibility theory) ?

This compatibility theory describes overall patterns in matchmaking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEHHKV-xkFw

Which type do you see yourself as? Do you see yourself as more than one in some balance maybe? Neither one?
Which type do you think attracts you the most?

• EXPLORER (dopamine) : risk taking, curious, creative, spontaneous, optimistic
  • BUILDER (serotonin) : calm, social, popular, cautious, traditional, religious/spiritual
  • DIRECTOR (testosterone) : direct, decisive, tough minded, competitive, ambitious
  • NEGOTIATOR (estrogen) : big picture, compassionate, intuitive, flexible, imaginitive
Looking at her theory I think it should not be taken seriously as any kind of definitive typing. More like a rough sketch as to describe overall patterns in the world of dating given a particular person's tendencies and self-identification.
Does anyone think this overwhelming number of guys self identifying as negotiators has anything to do with feminisation of western men and feminism? =/

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• Lol closest to D, but I have a lot more testosterone, I just find it better to generally care for your partner and their opinions, rather than domineering the relationship.

• maybe explorer i guess

• Negotiator because I prefer to make other happy over myself :3 Is it strange though that I like someone who makes all the rules and takes charge? I don't like doing that at all ^^'

• No it's not strange. If you're a negotiator, it makes perfect sense. =)

• I love how most guys are estrogen-type so far xD.

• To me that's kinda depressing. xD

• Another think that's important is that this theory is really pseudo-scientific. It basically consists of 4 very simple Personality-Stereotypes, that got linked with hormons that losely fit the type (probably to make it appear more like actual science), without ever checking if people who fit a type actually shows higher levels of the corresponding hormone (also some hormons like norepinephrine, that also determine how we act a lot, are completly taken out of the equation).
      So all in all I think that this whole thing is a fun way to see how we differ. But it shouldn't be taken to seriously.

• A yielding, cunning and a soft attitude is what signifies a negotiator. Those are all feminine.
      And yes, I agree this is pseudoscience, that's why it's more about self-perception and self-identification than it is about facts. Which is why so many guys picking Negotiator is so odd to me.

• I guess i'm a builder, but i'm not very social. And the girl i'd like to date? Well, i definitely wouldn't like a Director and explorer. Other types are both good for me.

• I voted D, but I am a mix of all of them.

• Naturally. Frankly, looking at her theory I think it should not be taken seriously as any kind of definitive typing. More like a rough sketch as to describe overall patterns in the world of dating given a particular person's tendencies and self identification.

It's common knowledge we all have all these hormones and are capable of having all these traits. =)

• C. Her video is on point for me. Dating and social meetings are a pain in the ass. I also definitely like D type of girls.

• None of these seem like me. Sooooo... I guess I'm incompatible?

• Eh... it's like horoscopes you name off a bunch of generalizations and somebody can say "OH YEAH I'M THAT ONE RIGHT THERE!!!" she'ss sooooo smart.
    I don't believe in it, but overall I would be a director or negotiator, both fit me.

• Also I think that the westernization that you mentioned brings up an interesting point of nature versus nuture.
      What you would be saying is that beliefs effect brain chemistry then?

• I don't believe this brain chemistry stuff. I studied biochem for 2 years now. The very sentence "Directors have pronounced testosterone" is retarded on so many levels...
      I get what she's aiming at, but the wording "brain chemistry" really becomes redundant here, trust me.

This is more about overall personality pattern and personal self-perception. I wanted to see how people are day-to-day, how they see themselves and what they consider attractive by using these 4 categories of human.

• oh boy.. i have too much estrogen then?

• Haha no. xD
      If you had too much estrogen you'd probably have some serious health problems to show for it. =p

When she mentions these hormones it's more in a stereotyping and comparative sort of way. A male negotiator will have less estrogen than a female director. Estrogen does more than effect your brain. =p

Only female directors will have pronounced amounts of testosterone compared to female negotiators.
      This hormonal comparison can't be done across gender, nor can it be done distinctly as to claim one hormone defines a personality.
      It's more about generalising, than it is about science.

• yay, high5 then.

• Haha, ok. ^^
      high5 =D

• I can't pick just one. D:
    I'm usually curious, imaginative, and calm. :\

What Girls Said 10

• Looking at these, I'm a bit of everything, but no more than about 50% of either one. I have heard of this theory many times before, and their might be something to it, but personalities tend to be a lot more complicated than an over-generalisation such as this.

I feel that a more accurate personality test would be the Myer Briggs (worth checking out if you are into this type of stuff). It wad developed to give a business perspective on employees, but it has been extended to look at friendships, relationships and even parenting habits. Instead of 4 personality types, there are 16 (so it is a lot more refined). While it is a bit outdated, it has been proved very useful and is still used for a lot of business/psychological studies.

• Looking at other's comments, it would seem that there are more people who don't fit into these categories than those who do. So much for the theory :/

• Haha I've been trough Myers Briggs back and forth, in and beyond. Then Enneagram, then socionics...
      It took me 2 years of study and fascination to figure out how much of BULLSHIT it is. xD
      It's utter crap. More detailed you go, more exposed the bullshit becomes.

The only way to categorise and not climb up your own ass IS to go vague.
      This is not a legit theory. I agree. None of them are.
      This is just generalising that includes how a person tends to behave and how they see themselves in day-to-day life. It serves to satiate my curiosity. And it is doing so.
      I mean all the guys here a Negotiators! Wtf?

• I'm like all of the above 🙈 im like a bit from all of them. If not a bit most of them

• Which one are you least like?
      Which one would be the guy that attracts you?

• least- probably the director for me.
      Someone who is a mixture/or both- negotiator and builder

• Haha, negotiator for sure

• I don't know which type I am :/

• You don't lean towards either one? Not one of these 4 stands out more than the rest?
      Not one is more "you" than the rest?
      Is there one or two that are less "you" than the rest?

What type would you ideal romantic partner be?

• Lady, don't take these trait lists at face value. They are overall guidelines to give you direction. Not conditional precise definition.. Ah forget it... -_-

• I have a mixture of all the above

• Explorer-Negotiator combo.

• I'm Explorer. But also Negotiator. Is that even possible?

• Meh, of course it is.
      We all have all these hormones in our body. They and much more determine who we are.
      This is just a rough sketch to divide people up and observe matchmaking. Nothing more.

It's perfectly viable many people can be borderline with 2, 3 or all 4 of the types.

This is more about behavior tendency and how you see yourself, than it is about someone determining your "real type".

• what about none of the above?

• That's ok, looking at her theory I think it should not be taken seriously as any kind of definitive typing. More like a rough sketch as to describe overall patterns in the world of dating given a particular person's tendencies and self identification.

If you don't have one, or don't lean anywhere in particular, that's your answer. =p

• Honestly i have traits from all So schitzophrenic is my type?

Not one is more "you" than the rest?

• You know how my brain is reading this poll? xD

Male explorer - players and frat bros
    Female explorer - whores and frat whores

Male builder - Religious nuts
    Female builder - Religious ovaries

Male director - Guys I wanna fuq
    Female director - Girls who think they're smart

Male negotiators - Fags
    Female negotiators - 50 shades of grey readership