Do girls like to be given flowers on first dates?

Is it cliche? Or do some people actually enjoy it?

• Bring on the flowers!
  • Don't bother with the flowers!
  • Depends (on what?)
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• Literally did not return a guy's phone calls because he did this. And he was even good in bed.

• It's that bad? Jeez. Alrighty, will not be doing it I guess, thanks!

What Girls Said 11

• Depends on the girl. I'm an old fashion type of girl, so I LOVE IT. But in today's society, being romantic is the worst thing in the world, coming from men or women.
    Yea it's corny, it's cliche but I LOVE IT.

So it depends on the girl. If she's old fashion romance type, like me, she'll appreciate and love it. If she's a more modern lover (which about 99% of men and women, especially young men and women are :/), she won't like it.

• Eh, I don't really know what type she is in that sense. It's very risky. Not everyone's as friendly and receptive and apparently old fashioned as you.

• Okay, if you're not friendly, I'm not a dude lol

• Catfish! Lol I knew it :p

I'm not really friendly. But thank you :3

• It's still a really sweet idea!
    But instead of a bunch of flowers, one single flower would be a nice gesture :)

• Eh, it depends. I don't know. I think if I really liked the guy, then I'd be totally happy that he gave me flowers. If I didn't know him all that well, then I might not...

• I like flowers and would be really flattered... but picking wildflowers outside would be just as affective as store bought.

• No. If we make it to second or third, yes. First? No.

• It's too much for the first date. Only give a girl flowers if you're both really emotionally invested in each other and are on the same page with where you stand relationship-wise.

• I'll be flattered but I don't expect them

• Bring the flowers but you don't have to buy them. Some from the street would be sweet

• I'd feel like you're rushing things. And feel like I'd need to compensate.

• No, that would be kinda creepy, because gifts of any kind create a subconscious obligation to do something in return. If she has a bad time, she might still feel a need to give you another shot, and that can send mixed signals.

• Not on first date. Too much

What Guys Said 0