Is this mysterious guy at church a sign from God?

For over a year I have spent my spare time thinking, praying and hoping for a boyfriend. One who is a good, Christian guy who shares my interests. On Sunday when I was at my Church's 7pm service for the first time, I was offered to come sit with my friends Fergus, Zoe and Oscar. As I sat down, I realised that a guy I'd never seen before had sat next to me. Throughout the service we talked a few times, and we discovered that we have a lot similar in our Christianity. Not only was he an amazing Christian guy, but he was also very good looking! We then realised that he is 5 years older than me, him being in UNI, and me still in highschool.

Does anybody else think that this may be a sign from God to stop looking for guys? I would really value your opinion. I have prayed and prayed but I still can't figure it out!

Thank you and God-bless xx

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, he's 19 and you're 14. For both of your guys' sake... stay away. Wait until both of you guys are of legal age. Even though you're both Christians, and therefore, shouldn't have to worry about the age of consent law since you shouldn't be having sex til marriage, I would still stay away.

What Guys Said 8

• no he's another brainwashed person like you.

i wll speak honestly to you, and i will say to stop going to church. priests will get reacher, and you wil get more and more brainwashed.

have you got any evidence that god exists? no!!!

since you have no evidence, stop going to church and damagng your PRECIOUS brain, and concentrate on other things.

you're too young to throw away your brain from now... concentrate on your school, studies, hobbies or whatever and STOP going to church.

unless your parents are forcing to you to go there. if that happens, then they are the ones who should be blamed

• The teen years are pretty wack. Tons of changes with the body/brain that really distort any type of "normal" perspective of the world, internally or externally. That's the good news... that you're completely normal!

But on a related note, my aunt Murmalox was single for 44 years and then met a guy at church and not only did they end up getting married but they also now own a mcdonald's restaurant and a really big trailer they can haul behind their truck.

• Who knows if it is a sign from god only he knows. It's not likely tho he's too old your young and you may be very smart and wise about the word but people can be fooled easily into thinking that it's fate when it comes to dating someone you just met.. keep talking to him if you like but rule out the possibility of dating him until your at least 18

• God told me to stop looking for the girls I want but rather to focus on him so that he can prepare me for the girl he wants for me, but it's hard because I still have sexual needs that are not being fulfilled.

• I believe God can work in mysterious ways i don't believe God
    will judge someone cause they are older than you but just be careful
    be good friends with him get to know him see what you can feel from
    being around him and stuff also you need learn his actions it will take
    time to build a real relationship if this is meant to be i believe strong
    faith in God is what brings someone special in your life always watch
    for false prophets that linger here and there cause there out there
    you seem like a mature young lady and hope good things come for
    you whether he's for you or not it can be a new beginning in your life.

• I'm not sure on how to read signs from God, a lot of times it's hard to tell if its a sign from God or a gift or trick from the deceiver

• you're 14 years old, does not going to put that kind of sign into your life. You still have a lot of growing up and maturing and learning to do. This is not the 19 twenties were girls got married and pregnant at 14. These days at age 14 education should be your main concern. Do you live in the technology ages go to school, and stay there. Then there is always with my boys tell me, pray on it.

• Thank you I will take your advice

• Now i'm not all too fond of the concept of god or miracles. i think it's just chance you happened to meet, you can take it as a sign of god if you like, but be careful, he's much older than you, it's your choice if you want to talk to this guy, but he may take advantage of you, i'm not sure what he's like since i've never met him, just be cautious, and if you're uncertain, just stay away, he's a lot older than you.

• No i don't think so...

• why not? please explain

• Because there's no reason for that,
      Good guys exist, and thats not reason to think that find one is a signal, for example you can find a good guy in your class or meet him throguh friends, if you find one in the church that doesn't mean that is a signal, is just that you find a good guy, nothing else, you have to chose what you want now...

What Girls Said 6

• Not really. Honestly god (if he's there) should have more important things to deal with than out love life. He's just a guy, he could have been any guy. So I don't think it's a sign probably just a new guy for your to get to know. So date him see if you like him, if not more on but if you really like him continue things

• stop praying and take the matter into your own hands

• I think your hormones are getting the best of you

• You are only 15 though so no I believe God does have His own timing but if you really think about it he can't marry you anyways at that age. You'd have to wait a few more years until you're both mature. Maybe that guy will still be there when you're older but for now just focus on your relationship with Christ, everything else will fall into place in its time

• Why do you want something with a 19 year old man? He can get into trouble
    Please. You're 14.,,

• Maybe it's a sign to quit LOOKING for guys, and maybe just keep your eyes peeled. My boyfriend isn't really Christain like me, but I think God intended that so that way me and my friends can show him the way to Christ. He might have the same plan for you! You still are young, though, so don't quite sweat it!

• Of course!

• she's right, you're in church so you know not to be desperate. But I have learned when you go looking for something, you do find all the imitation version of it in the process.