Should I make the first move? Or wait for him?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now, and compared to most people I know that's pretty good. We've already met each other's parents and stuff, but we've never really gotten very close or physical. At all. The only hints we ever did were dance together at the dance (very awkwardly) and also he kissed me on the cheek once. Other than that there's never really anything romantic going on between us. We've never hugged, held hands, or any of that stuff. A lot of kids in school say that it's like we're not even dating for some reason because we don't do these things like they do. I think we should do some of this stuff at a limit. I don't really know how to make the first move, though. Should I? Or what should I do to make him do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• He is young yet, sweetie, still wet behind the ears in years, and of course, all guys 'Under 18' are Not made out of the same cloth. He sounds as if he is just sort of shy, is afraid to make any move and is not polished in many departments because this is his First love, his first girlfriend And-----There's never really anything romantic going on between us.
    You are obviously ready and raring to go to the next level in this date mate stage now. You both have been taking baby steps, however, finding it 'Very awkward' in the ones when you were at the 'Dance together,' you found out more than the fact he had two left feet.
    You may have to slowly but surely get the boat rowing by initiating a few of your own tricks of the trade. Try small things like holding his hand, giving him a hug, things of this nature, and see where this gets you. He could be to bashful to make the first move and may be waiting for you to begin this beguine.
    You have been together for 'Over a year now' and have even been lucky enough to Meet the parents. You need more open lines of convo and to continue to nurse and nurture what you have started but somehow, so nothing goes dead in the water, you both need to get on the same page at your age so your bond isn't broken by a bough that ends up in a dead end bend.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

• Take command of the guy.

What Girls Said 2

• Next time when you're alone, say his name to get his attention, look him in the eye and say you want to try something. If he looks away say dont look away. Then slowly lean forward and kiss him. would be very romantic and would also give him plenty of time to react. Good luck!

• Yes! Maake the first move, kiss him or sth... own the guyy! Hehe