I think the guy I'm dating still lives with his parents, but he hasn't actually told me. Is he embarrassed? Should I ask him about it?

I'm 26 and he's almost 30. I've only known him for about a month, and most of the time we've just met up for food and so where we lived never really came up. I then invited him over once and made a comment about going to his place next time and he said it wouldn't be good and he just said he had a roommate. He hasn't offered to invite me over and never talks about his roommate. I have a pretty strong feeling he still lives with parents. I don't really care because I know everyone's life circumstances are different and its not like he's a bum. I don't always want to just hang out at my house, but I don't want to push going to his if he's afraid to admit/tell me that he lives at home still. How can I bring this up? Will he ever invite me over? At some point he has to tell me, right?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he does live at his partents', chances are he is quite embarrassed, especially since you guys only have known each other for a month.

I think it is a good idea to push him a little, but don't mention that you think he lives with his parents. If he doesn't, it may get awkward. Just say something you "You know, I would really like to go to your place once, I am curious what it is like!"
    If he keeps insisting that his roommate is a problem and you can't convince him, tell him what you suspect. I would wait with this until he really seems to avoid the issue altogether. If he actually does have a crazy roommate and he wants to know why you thought he was living with his parents, here's a nice safe: "Well, you were being quite secretive about your place and I just kinda assumed *grin*"

I hope this helps! ;)

What Guys Said 2

• If he is American and still living with his parents he is embarrassed cause that is how the culture is here.

• 99% of the time, telling a girl you live with your parents is a deal-breaker. He's smart not to say anything, statistically.

What Girls Said 4

• He might just be messy and hasn't finished cleaning his place up yet...

• The thing is, he always says he's doing laundry, cleaning, and so he's not a slob, at least as far as I know.

• Marry him, then! Lol

• aww, maybe he just hates were he lives and is just embarrassed

• maybe he's embarassed to admit to you, but is him living with his parents a deal-breaker to you?

• I still live with my parents... I'm an only child and can't stand being alone... And no friends to roommate with that live in my area and unmarried... I'm not ashamed of it. Some people just can't stand living alone. I don't lie about either though..
    but being he's a guy... Might be slightly more pressure on him.