Does a guy like me have a chance?

I've been finding it hard to have confidence talking to girls frequently as of late.

I'm a 5'8" guy with a Cuban-Italian background, been told that I'm cute and attractive, but as soon as I see guys are taller or better looking than me, almost all my confidence goes through the floor.

I see no reason a girl would want to be with me, when she has bigger and better options to choose from. I'm not entirely awkward with women, I just get flustered easily. I'm also somewhat introverted, so large groups of people tire me easily.

The classic dating motto is "bigger is better", so why not go for only the best possible? My other characteristics are sing and dance, improv humor, poet and occasional writer, grammar nazi, etc. But, since girls are only looking for particular things, I figure those traits don't matter. Am I wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you are wrong :D You sound like you need a confidence boost!! Nothing to worry about once you stop comparing yourself to everyone else. What you like is what YOU like, find people who like what you do, who you are, otherwise just be yourself and move on.

What Girls Said 2

• Coming from a shy girl you will need confidence to talk to a girl. As long as you talk to her she will try to keep the conversation going :)

• You definitley need more confidence! These traits do matter but overall its confidence, so just gain that and you'll do great!

What Guys Said 2

• It's all about confidence, not giving a fuck, knowing who you are and owning it with pride.

"I see no reason a girl would want to be with me" there's your first mistake. First, always remember one thing, girls DO NOT think like guys, that's just a simple fact of life. Just because you wouldn't be with you, doesn't mean girls think the same way. Females were blessed with the ability to like us for things other than our looks and overall physcial appearance.

Guys compete mentally. You have to give a girl a reason to pick you over those tall young Brad Pitt looking dudes. You can't win a girl on looks alone, it's all about your game man.

• About if not more chance than me. CONFIDENCE BRO!