How can we ever know?

In regards to meeting people on line then getting into a LDR. How can a person know if the person is who they say they are?

I met a lady who met a guy online and they met in person then eventually got married. Then he flipped and completely changed :-(

Most Helpful Guy

• Just like people you meet face to face, you never really now someone until you have spent time with them and seen them at their best and at their worst.

Whether face to face or on-line some are good actors and fake while others are sincere and honest.

What Guys Said 2

• There's no way to know for sure. That's why you take a long time before rushing in. I write to a woman in prison and I've talked with her warden and know her crime and so far she's been completely honest

• You don't unfortunately until you really get to know them, most people lie online and the girls tend to go for them but the genuine guys get left out.

What Girls Said 1

• You can't. Same as real life.