I'm not saying I'm a gold digger. But I'm not messing with no broke mister?

Homeboy is jobless but looking. Should this be a dealbreaker?

• Hell ya! kick his ass to the curb
  • Sure! i always wanted to be a sugar mamma!
  • I don't give a damn either way!
  • I'm broke myself...

Most Helpful Girl

• If he is unemployed, I don't mind. If he's in school. Or if he's like in volunteer work. As long as he's doing something with his life.
    I don't have a problem with an unemployed man who's bettering his life in other ways.

What Guys Said 12

• Whether he has a job or not shouldn't matter. Whether he's looking for one or not is the deal breaker

• I'm not saying I'm rich or broke, But I'm not interested in a Girl who's there just for the money. If you want no part in a man's success, you don't deserve to reap the benefits. That being said, I do try to stay ahead of the curve. The important thing is NOT if he has a job or not. It is what He's capable of. What are his qualifications? How good is he at it? Because bigger jobs come with bigger disappointments. Even the CEO of some big corporation can go broke in a single night. It has happened before, and it will happen again.

• so what? if he's attractive and a good person why should it be a deal-braker?

• I would never start a relationship where I am expected to be the significant contributor of anything. A relationship should be 50/50 in all forms of giving.

I would not take on the role of breadwinner at the start of a relationship!

• Help him out. Help him build his resume and hand it out everywhere

• This all depends on the situation.

How long has he been jobless? How hard is trying to get one? What was his last one? Is he good with money?

• Hell ya.. Kick in his ass yo my diva

• Depends on his age. Anybody over 25 who doesn't have a game plan is dead weight.

• *broke nigga*

• So your gonna dump your boyfriend since he lost his job and he's looking for a new one?

• Nothing like sticking by your man when he's down on his luck.

Should I dump my girlfriend because she has cancer?

• You're 42, if you're dating a guy with no job HUGE HUGE RED FLAG!!!

What Girls Said 6

• Lol I'm broke. My boyfriend's broke. Financial status isn't a thing I'm worried about.

• If he is putting in effort to find a job, I have no issue with that at all. If it's someone who just chooses to be unemployed and just sits at home all day, I do have a problem with that. I work six days a week and I make good money. There is no way in hell I am going to support some adult to sit at home and do nothing all day.

• Dating him only makes things worse for him... and you
    1) money runs out faster
    2) distracted from making a full court press on job seeking, applications, being there when manager is hiring, networking to find openings, even education/classes req'd

Tell him you're as busy as he trying to get a better job, so let's meet up when we both are better off & the fun will be better

• Both parties need to contribute.
    If a guy is unemployed, but is willing to look for a new job or work hard in it I do not mind. I only mind if he choose to be lazy, and not do anything.

• I wouldn't mind if he's looking for a job. I wouldn't be with a guy who just sits around all day with no job though.

• How old is he? Even if you don't want a dime of his money for a man of a certain age unemployment kinda speaks to his character. I wouldn't date s man 30+ who was unemployed because it's very unlikely he'd by the type of man I would want