She whispered "I love you". What does this mean?

Me and my gf have been dating for 4 months, semi long distance. About 1 month ago I told her that I loved her for the first time. This didn't go over to well and sorta resulted in a weird type of break. It was to early. Since then we have moved closer to each other now only 30 min away. The relationship is stronger than it has been before... I think.

The other day we were snuggled up in bed... spooning. I heard her whisper the words "I love you". I didn't say anything until today. I asked her if it meant anything and she said this:"Like I feel a super strong connection, I don't know if this makes sense. I do care about you a ton, and i think I might love you but not on the highest level of love... If that makes sense"

What does this mean exactly? Does she love me, should I say i love you to her, do you think she sees a future with me?

Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• She feels like she loves you but obviously it's not the same kind of "I love you" that you feel after years of being with the person. I think that's what she means. She probably feels there's more space for her feelings to grow which only time can do. But yup, she loves you and I'm sure she sees a future with you. If you feel the love then say it back to her :)

What Girls Said 3

• She isn't head over heels but she really likes you... and she probably feels comfortable saying she loves you because they relationship is fine but she doesn't feel the passionate, crazy, all-consuming love.

• Thank you. Do you think with time she will feel the passionate all consuming love?

• You can't make yourself fall in love with a person that way. She either feels that way or she doesn't. From the sounds of it.. she probably won't feel that way.

• It means she loves you... most likely. The only person who can truly know if that love is genuine is herself.

• It means don't screw it up. She wants you to have her heart. Be gentle. Be honest.

What Guys Said 3

• she means I LOVE YOU (AT THE MOMENT...) lol

• a lot of women are fickle. be careful.

• even when they sleep w u. look at the divorce rate. u r not even married. your hopes are not neccessarily going to happen. it depends remember it takes 2. of course she wants it to work out no 1 doesn't. lots of people get married when they fall in love. now look at the divorce rate.

• it takes more than hope it takes knowledge and skill and certain character traits. it could be really good it could be really bad. hope for the best prepare for the worst. always be prepared. and always hope for the best

• I thought only girls asked these 'what does this mean' questions

• She wants to suck out your soul and leave you broken.