GF plans to go to Vegas with best friend over spring break. What to make of it?

I know (we all do right?) crazy stuff happens in Vegas. So my girlfriend is planning on traveling to Vegas with her best friend (a girl) over spring break. She didn't invite me, but told me of their plans to go. Should I be concerned?
We're both college students, dating for several months

thanks all! I really sound like an asshole for not really trusting her :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be a little worried but then I wouldn't cause you have to trust your partner if she loves you she shouldn't flirt or get with other guys. If she's really attractive then guys might stare and hit on her and her friends but if she's faithful then stuff like that shouldn't faze her and she will just ignore it and have fun with her friends. She's most likely just going to have fun casinos, eat, and look at cool shows. She probably just wants to have a girls time with friends. You shouldn't worry just trust her and go out and have fun with your friends. Everything will be okay.

What Girls Said 4

• What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas lol if you trust her i dont see that this should be an issue my x went to Germany on a stag weekend and tbh i didn't blink an eye i knew he wouldn't do anything he wasn't supposed to

• Sooo you're in a relationship with someone you clearly don't trust? Hmmmmm.

• I know I sound like an asshole for asking this question, just wondering. lol

• Don't be that asshole :/

• I wouldn't be concerned, yes Vegas is a crazy place... but and i know this sounds sexist, girls are very very different to boys when it comes to that notion of "crazy". Yes she'll gamble, go to clubs, probably see a bunch of shows etc, but i sincerely doubt it will be anything like the hangover movie. As long as she's safe with her drinking (i. e not driving, and looking after her drink to avoid being drugged) she'll be fine.

• Not that different. Who do you think the crazy boys are hooking up with?

• It is very different because girls and guys face different issues when drinking or out partying. Girls have to be much more careful, mindful of what's in their drinks, how much they drink etc.. I heard a story about a girl who got quite drunk and was literally physically picked up by a guy at a club and dragged out and sexually assaulted. Because girls are physically weaker, putting themselves into a vulnerable situation by drinking heavily is something they are more concerned about. Whereas guys can not only physically consume more alcohol, but they don't have to worry about being sexually assaulted. There's also more labels placed on women when they drink, a drunk girl is often seen by some guys as "easy" just because she's drinking, it's not only about taking advantage but about devaluing a woman based on the fact that she is drinking. Also just in terms of strip clubs if you compare one that men go to, to one that women might go to like Chippendales, it's extremely different.

• In terms of self preservation, women are less likely to drink as much as guys would and therefore their behavior would be less influenced by alcohol. Which often encourages people to make bad choices. Although disclaimer, that obviously isn't everyone. But it's kind of what is currently socially... not accepted but just the way many people judge men and women...
      I hope that made some sense?

• You have nothing to worry about. I've been before. Its just fun like casinos and resturants and attractions.

What Guys Said 2

• Live in vegas here. Maaan I'd be worried if I was you, lmao. Depending on where she goes, she's most likely gonna get hit on a lot, dudes trying to fuck EVERYWHERE. However, there are plenty of good girls who came with their girlfriends to have girls night out and they stay loyal. Just remember, a lot of these hoes ain't loyal. She might just suck some dude off...

• If she's gonna go clubbing/partying scene, bad news. If she's just gonna go for the sights, go shopping, eating, enjoying the city/views, etc... nothing will happen.

• lmao. yeah i'll hope for the best. they're definitely not the clubbing/partying types. she doesn't even drink/party here lol

• You may want to postpone dating for a couple decades.