Late 20s and early 30s guys?

Guys, if you're stable, have a good job, financially and emotionaly stable, looking to settle down soon, would you consider a relationship with an early 20s girl who is still getting her life together? Like she's in school and still lives with her parents. Would it matter at all?

Guys let's put the personality aside. Let's assume you have no issue in that department, she knows whay she wants, no longer partying, and all of that. Just the fact that you have reached the place you want to be in your life when she's still getting there, would it be an issue for you or you would be willing to help her and be there for her to get there?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its woudn't matter to me on her circumstances. What' s important is whether I can get on with her as a person, and we both have great understanding, for what are our problems and needs are. If she is still at college trying to better herself, and focusing on a career, thats' s great. I like an ambitous women, just as women like ambitous men.

What Guys Said 17

• Well if the girl was how you describe her in your main question and update I would not think twice about dating her. It would not matter, I would welcome her into my arms and I would make sure my physical actions towards her showed her that I loved her.

• I think it depends on what she wants out of the relationship and what kind of person she is. The last girl I dated was 8 years younger than I am, but age isn't really a big deal to me. I was dating her because I enjoyed her company. She was fun to be around.

I enjoy helping and supporting people I care about, so if I was dating a younger girl who was still in college, I could see myself helping out in little ways. Maybe giving her a quiet place to study or making her take breaks from studying to save her sanity, haha.

A relationship like that has potential to be beneficial for both people. As long as each person is trying to enrich the other's life, I'd say give it a shot.

• That's not necessarily a deal breaker. It just means there would have to be a little more balancing between me and everything else going on in her life is all.

• Is she mature personality wise? That's more crucial to me when a girl is that young. I don't want to be a babysitter.

• let's put the personality aside. Let's assume you have no issue in that department, she knows whay she wants, no longer partying, and all of that. Just the fact that you have reached the place you want to be in your life when she's still getting there, would it be an issue for you or you would be willing to help her and be there for her to get there?

• In that case, full steam ahead, no other issues.

• yes that's fine. I like a girl who has ambition in her life. The fact that lots of guys don't care about this is probably one of the reasons why they marry women who end up being so willing to divorce them and take all their money. Girls with no career prospects are often the women thirstiest for acquiring easy money. So the fact that you are working on becoming a psychologist is a positive, not a negative (for me)

• But I mean do those men who look for girls to settle down with want someone who is ready to build a life and family with them. Not trying to get to get her life together if you know what I mean,

• Thank you for your opinion :)

• Yes I will try it again I did that already but I can try again

• Yes, I would consider an early 20s girl who's looking to get her life back together. I'm 30, and I'm in a real good situation with my life. I'd be willing to help her with her career.

• *Early 20s girl... not a problem (in fact my GF is 23 yo)
    *Who is still getting her life together... might be a problem, depending
    *Like she's in school... not a problem
    *Still lives with her parents... is defiantly a problem

• Thank you for your opinion :)

• I'm only 22 but I think that for a 20er girl the important thing is to have good prospects in life/career/be of a good mother material (if he plans to establish a family in the future).

• Yes, I agree which is what I've been doing right now. But I wonder if men who are already stable and want to settle down would consider girls who are in that situation.

• I would not risk it. There are a lot of reasons why I would not want a relationship with her. Immaturity, not knowing what she wants, not having lived her life enough, emotionally unstable an so on.

• Hmm let's assume she's mature, emotionally stable, has lived lived her life enough and knows what she wants already. Just the fact that she's still building her life when you have reached the place you want, would it be a problem?

• Well I would need some reassurance that you won't feel later bad for settling too soon. Another reason would be that you will have to prove that you can get your stuff together. You will have to be friends with him for a while so he can see that you are going somewhere with your life.

• If I were in that ballpark and she knew what she wanted and had good morals and of sound character, I probably would be interested if I were not married already.

• I did consider it, and it didn't work out.

• What happened if yoi don't mind me asking?

• Oh so it wasn't actually because of the fact that you were ready to settle down but she's still in uni but more like she had not experienced life enough? Did I get it right?

• She's in her master's program. We loved each other, but it didn't work out.

• Wouldn't matter at all as long as she's mature. Early 30's ain't nothing. I used to think 40 was really old but after watching the hodgetwins, it changed my mind. Those dudes are in their 40's and act like 21 year olds, they make life look fun.

• I think there will be issues... But I guess must guys prefer younger.

• What about you?

• Haha yeaH. But what about at the department I mentioned? Would it be a problem for you? Say she's mature enough and has experienced life like she has passed her curious about life phase. If that makes any sense to you lol

• You never know if you're ready to Seattle down so it would be fine for me as long as she's honest and nice.

• I don't see why not, or maybe I should answer this question again in a few years? 😆

• hi in 25 had any qustn

• Please read the detail, that would be my question :)

• Guys don't give a shit about a women's job and achievements, so yeah

• Haha really? I asked because currently my friend told me about her and this other guy and they just didn't work out and the guy said "it's too bad. We would be a great couple and it would be great for our careers too".

• lol I agree with this man. Guys don't give a shit for the most part.

• Although if i had a lot of money and she had none, i would be afraid that she was a gold digger, i would hide my wealth until i am fairly certain she isn't.

What Girls Said 2

• Maturity is a big factor

• If maturity isn't an issue would the situation I mentioned be a problem for those guys?

• I don't think those factors should have a big impact. However, I do believe it depends on how much u have in common with plans for the future and such. If it's something worth the hunt

• It depends on the guy. The more all around stable ones tend to be so because of cautious decision making, and they do seem to prefer a partner who can contribute to the financial and emotional balance of the relationship. That doesn't mean you're out, just that your potential will be evaluated and they won't just go "Oooh, hot young chick - I'm in!". They want you to demonstrate that you're sensible with money, emotionally grounded, not manipulative, not into partying a lot, etc.

• let's put the personality aside. Let's assume he has no issue in that department, she knows what she wants, no longer partying, and all of that. Just the fact that he has reached the place he wants to be in his life when she's still getting there, would it be an issue for the guy or would he willing to help her and be there for her until she gets there?

• Like I said, it depends on the guy. Just date and see what happens. You can't control it.