Would you feel inadequate if your girlfriend had celebrities messaging her?

And they know her, because she's attractive and comes from money herself therefore she's been surrounded by 'socialites' her whole life.

Or a girl you were interested in (seeing)

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily. I often remember that fame is just a matter of field in a lot of cases. Like I know who local radio DJ's are who are broke and barely hanging in at the bottom of the industry... but they're in the public view. On the other hand, I could not tell you who any of the top 5 lawyers in my city are (lying, i know one of them). They are far more successful in an industry with more pay and status... but... they're not public figures. So just because someone's business is public doesn't mean we should be in awe of them.

That said, if she made me feel inadequate in other ways, it would probably amplify it.

• What other ways could she possibly make you feel inadequate?

What Guys Said 4

• Meh. I think the creators of South Park put it best: "People in the entertainment industry are by and large whore-chasing drug-addict f---ups. But they still believe they’re better than the guy in Wyoming who really loves his wife and takes care of his kids and is a good, outstanding, wholesome person. Hollywood views regular people as children, and they think they’re the smart ones who need to tell the idiots out there how to be."

Not to judge everyone out there, there are some genuinely good people to be found, but "celebrity" by itself does not impress me.

• I honestly wouldn't care, I don't see the point in getting intimidated by people with a higher social standing, because I don't really put much stock in such constructs.

• Being lower middle class I somewhat dislike upperclass people. I feel like they've never suffered so they don't interest me unless they're an elitist but I definitely wouldn't date an elitist.

• I would be super jelly :(

• Sarcasm or?

• Oh okay. So you feel jealous about the fact she could leave you for someone with possibly a lot more money etc or jealous because you wish celebrities would message you?

• She would leave me with someone who could provide her with more money and it feels emasculating too.

What Girls Said 1

• Is this about your boyfriend? Lol.