Can I believe my feelings of being in love with someone whom I never met in person yet?

It's been years since we've known each other via text and voice. I have fallen in love with his heart, mind and soul. Is this real?

Most Helpful Guy

• How did you meet? Have you confirmed he is who he says he is? As someone who currently is in a long distance relationship with someone I've yet to meet in person, this is important. There are a lot of scammers out there.

• we met in a virtual world game. I'm 99% sure he is who he says he is. I leave 1% chance of the possibility that he may not be who he says he is. He's been consistent over the years in what he says so that is how I know.
      How did you meet yours? And for how long have you kept your online relationship going?

• You're welcome. And thank you. but trying to stay anonymous ☺can u say it here?

• I'd rather not.

What Guys Said 2

• It's possible. That's happened to me before, more than once.

• more than once? did you have meet in person?

• It's happened twice, and no I never got to meet both girls :/ I actually had a relationship with the first girl. It only lasted about 5 months (we broke up 2 days before my grandmother, who I lived with my whole life, died, so that wasn't the best week for me) because she was very emotionally abusive and manipulative. The second girl, I never even got to have anything with her because she ended up leading me on (twice) and just suddenly stopped loving me :/

• awww I'm sorry to hear that. hugs

• I've had two relationships like this, one of them I'm still on really good terms with it was a mutual breakup (distance was too great and neither of us could move at the time) the second one has not been so good we hit things off and talked for almost a year before talking about dating and we had a ldr going for about 1.5 years. Then one day she just dropped off the face of the planet I did get an email from one of her friends that she was going through some cancer treatments and didn't feel it was fair to ask me to deal with that so she wasn't going to talk to me until things got better but its been 2 years now and I've still not heard anything. I still occasionally send emails to let her know I'm thinking about her. All I can say is yes it is possible.

• omg! that is a very sad story. I'm sorry it didn't work out. Was there any possible way for you to go see her in the hospital? I'm sure she was just avoiding you for your benefit but probably really wanted to see you.

• Thanks and good luck to you in whatever you decide to do

• you're welcome and thank you too:)

What Girls Said 4

• I think you might be in love with the idea of him.

• can you elaborate more on that? I was wondering that too.

• You only know what he shows you and brings to the table. You're infatuated with that persona. Until you've met him and been around him in an unbiased territory you're pretty much only going off what he's showing you. Being in love with someone is accepting them in all of their flaws, but you can't accept flaws if they don't show you their flaws.

And nobody is going to willingly lay their flaws out on the table.

• Great point! Although, we've both shared the good, the bad and the ugly about ourselves. So I do feel I know him in all his ups and downs. We comfort each other when we are not feeling all that great about ourselves. He's the first person I even want to share my life with.

• OMG, I had a boyfriend online, he was 21 at the time i was 18 and then he showed me some pics of "him", i thought it was him and we never cammed we always talked on the phone or on Skype, he said he could cam me but we didn't get the time so we ignored that, and we were together for 9 months freaking 9 months and he told me that he wanted to come get me so we can both live in florida, I was in New York and he was in florida, he told me that he could come get me so i waited outside in the rain for 2 hours and then i was so heartbroken, i called him and texted his sister, and they both didn't reply after a week his sister texted me and said that my bf had a car accident. I didn't believe it becuz during those 9 months we tried getting together about 5 times and thats when i doubted he was CATFISHING me the whole time, and when i told him "Fuck u i hate u leave me alone" all he said was "fine" i mean he used to be the guy that used to love me so much, I know its easy to love but just be careful please, from what i experienced i was hurt more than real relationships that i came out of, cuz i was really unsure of this one becuz he even told me that he'd marry me and all i had hopes and he left me hurt and broken. I still have our chat history i still wish he could come back and tell me that he loves me even if its not true cuz I'm really mental messed up. So please be careful either u cam him on Skype and then if u doubt him its better to leave him then being scarred for life, thats all i say..

Oh and it could be possible to love someone u've never met or seen, even when its just online and u only text.

• I'm in the same situation. Haven't met yet but are very much in love and are planning on meeting :) Love is a mysterious thing, who can explain it? ")

• you're right! thank you for sharing. I hope your meeting goes great! how long has it been?

• It's been nearly a year and we're still figuring things out but we're both determined to make it work. I hope all goes well with you and yours :)

• Mhm, you can. I've been in this situation and yeah you can have real feelings.

• how long did it last for you? did you eventually meet?

• thank you for sharing that. Sorry it didn't work out.

• No problem : )