How do you win the game of playing hard to get?

How do I win this game?
Is that even possible?
The guy I like is amazing at playing this with me, can I turn it around on him?

Most Helpful Guy

• from my experience: everybody loses

What Guys Said 40

• That only works if the other person is slightly interested in you to begin with. If the other person is not even slightly interested in you romantically then he/she just won't care or pay attention to the the fact that you took longer than expected to answer messages or that you can't hang out.

• Have you thought about not playing the game? You don't have to play whatever game he may be playing, and you're in control of whether or not you play your own games. Even if you want to stay engaged in game-playing, the resulting relationship (if any) with this guy will be based on. . . games. It would be a lot easier to just focus on being sincere and straight forward.

• You don't. Games are what girls play based upon BS they have been told by other silly girls or read in articles written for silly girls to fuel nonsense in relationships.

"Signals" are often not effective, either.

Perhaps the guy isn't interested in you, or maybe doesn't even like women. Or maybe he IS doing this... in which case let him play this gane by himself, and give up this foolishness & be open.

• Cut off all contact. Permanently. Find some other guy that has mentally developed past the 6th grade.

• the true winners are those that dont participate.

• You win the game the moment you stop playing.

• Not sure what it means to win? If your both trying to play hard to get. Meaning your not trying to get anywhere. If you are both willing. Do the dirty deed but trying to save face. Acting like you dont want to give in ( but really do ) .. then the onky way to win, is to lose. Then the loser gets what they want anyway, hence the winner.
    So if my theory is right. The winner must make the first move, either get naked first, or get them naked and aroused first. Then you win, (or lose)

• Omgosh! How annoying. I hate this game! Say, "hey! I like you, you like me, let's do this!"

• Best way to win is to just quit. It's a stupid game. If you like someone and he genuinely likes you, there should be no reason to be doing any of such nonsense.

People need to learn to be more straight forward.

• Mind games are by far the stupidest thing people do in the dating world

• That's a very dangerous game and your playing with fire but in the end it's usually one dance across the cosmos and a site to behold, if he's playing hard to get the best thing to do is throw in a sassy attitude, sway your hips and toss your hair, become extremely lustfully, eye candy is the key find out what he likes and through it in his face, that will have him groveling at your feet!

• play it even harder. say screw it and put your phone down and wait on him to text you, and once he does don't text back for a couple hours and then when you do reply keep it short like your not interested. If he won't text you first then he doesn't care that much about you. personal I wouldn't waist my time with someone who's gonna play games with your mind like that.

• Nobody wins.

Grow up and stop playing games.

• Never play games. End.

Respect yourself more than to play games, and he'll either admire you for it or be rightfully intimidated.

If you like him enough, go for what you want. Honestly. You'll only end up beating yourself up about it otherwise.

• I think you might be misreading the situation, guys usually don't play hard to get. He might just not be interested.

• I never really treated it as a game necessarily. I just kind of.. did my own thing. It drew in the like minded. Those that did not acknowledge me, they got the same treatment from me. I just had no interest in playing it.

• Pretend you dont give a shit about his "game" he won't be hard to get anymore

• The only way to win is to not play.

• that depends on the guy you want, if you want a family man who will work until he die! XD dont try hard to get, because they will take that as you just dont like them. but if you want the "bad boi" the one that drills you hard then leaves in a week yeah try hard to get, make him chase you! lol make him work for his dinner! lol

• So, what?
    You've been sending each other irregular emails every few months or so since the internet was invented?

Sometimes you wave at him, sometimes you only nod?

He sent you a post card once?

• Hard to get is borderline abuse, usually. If he's playing with you then he's not truly interested.

• A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• How about no game playing unless it's playstation 4?

• that game is lame, but if you want to turn it on him, he's got to want you more/give him something to remember (not sex or anything like that) but a really amazing moment he can't forget, or something about you he doesn't know. The worst thing you can do is something like, look at how I can swallow a hot dog, or some thing like that, doing those things may get yolaid
    but it won't bring the respect you need to have a good relationship

• Sleep with another guy and rub it in his face and tell him he is too ugly to get it like my ex-oneitis did to me. That always works. Lol jk don't do that.

• Yes... don't reply. .. ever again. .. he won't beat you then. .. but is probably used to being beaten by women at this game online. . So he will be used to moving on too probably... I speak from personal experience on multiple paid and non-paid dating websites lol

• I'm not good at "playing that game", so I can't advise you at all on this.

• What exactly is he doing?

• It's playing head games like these that ruins relationships!!! Js but do what you will.

• Show you don't care anymore... Or Suck his dick. Lmao jk don't do that.
    Unless you want to. But that's no my point

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 24

• I think the only true way to win at the game of playing hard to get is if the person truly wants to be with you.

At some point you have to stop playing the game. If you are official, who wants to have to play games and worry about when and what is the right way to text someone

• Unless you're a sociopath , you can't.

It means you don't care and you're indifferent and no problem walking away. if you really didn't care you wouldn't be playing.

• What does being a sociopath in this situation as to do with anything

• Clinically sociopaths have littke to no empathy towards other people and are extremely hard to affect emotionally.

If you can literally remain indifferent then you can win. But if you're able to win you eint care enough to be hsppy sbout it.

By the time someine wins a game of hard to get they have become too indifferent to care.

As long as you care you lose. If you don't care there's nothing satisfying about winning.

It's a lose majorly lose situation. especially bc you're wasting time and bc you're developing an idea that this is normal acceptable behavior.

A person who wants you won't want to take the chance of pushing you away. And it's disrespectful..

Game players want games and sex not relationships..

• Nobody wins, its not a game , its just being childish

• Guys won't notice and you'll only play yourself. Guys care or they won't, that's it.

Just be honest and don't play games.

• ignore him 90% of the time, never reply on social medias or messages. Look another way where he is, and random some days when he least expect it smile to him or say hi, max 1-2 times a month. And ignore him 100% for a while after this

• That's an excellent way to kill a guy's interest in you, haha!

• No some men need to grow the fuck up, girls becomes like that when they are hurt, they play him back

• Yeah. If a girl did that to me, I would lose interest very quickly. I don't have time for that BS. The other guy probably just would like you no matter what. If you're trying to hook someone who isn't already in love with you, then this is not the way to go about it.

• Nobody wins, it is just childish, if he treats you like a dick he doesn't desearve you. You want to find someone you dont have to play mind games with- someone you can just be yourself around. It shouldn't be a competition on who cares less about a relationship

• No, guys shouldn't be playing hard to get. There's something wrong here.

• If a guy does that to me, I'll just assume he's trolling and stop pursuing him altogether. But if you like to play games then your endgame is to "make him want you", so do whatever you can think of to get there.

• No offense but if you are into playing games play Xbox... otherwise tell him what you want... men aren't mind readers... you'll be playing games for the rest of your life.

• Playing hard to get is confusing just ask him out to lunch or a date if he likes you he probably won't refuse unless he's just in it for the game

• Please don't some guys like the chase but it gets tiresome and they get over it

• Don't play games it doesn't build a very strong relationship

• dont play games. if you really want to win, jsut ignore him but know that he may not notice.

• Just do what he does and act like nothing phases you.

• Act like he bores you and that you much prefer your own company over his, and that at best you find him vaguely amusing

• Win him over in a way no other girl has. Make sure you do something almost magical. Having music in the background helps too lol

• I would say don't play games, be honest and up front even if it scares the crap out of you. In the long run, the game players will look back on their lives and say, "what a fool I was"...

• I already won.
    OooOoooOoooooobhhh

• Become genuinely uninterested in him. Don't attempt to contact him and move on. They love that shit.

• You don't.

• Watching a cat on the prowl will teach you the answer

• Fuck his brother and dad at the same time
    That will get his fire grillin

• honestly who cares

you probably ain't even that hard to get because you playyin

• Getting involved with a guy who doesn't just want sex will help considerably

• Well he's christian

• I've cheated with a lot of guys and church goers are some of the worst!

• HAHAHAHAHA! Ohhhh. Epic win for Ladieslady. xD Yeah, don't believe what you hear, anon. Men are still men. And the delusional ones can be the worst. Especially the sexually repressed, in my opinion.