How important is race when it comes to dating?

Choose one of the below choices.

• Absolute. Will not date someone of the "wrong" race
  • Important
  • Considered
  • Unimportant

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really significant to me. More culture, if it's extremely conflicting with my own. Which is pretty hard to do, same goes for religion.

It actually frustrates me how much my own friends seem to focus on race. I was talking with a new girl I met in one of my classes when she started asking about my boyfriend. I told her something I do that's supposedly not typical for a 'white girl', which I explained my boyfriend, who's Asian, got me into. She was completely shocked. All 'why didn't you tell me that? I just assumed as a white girl you were dating a white guy'.

I couldn't believe my ears. How am I supposed to introduce myself.. 'Hi, my name is Kayla and my boyfriend is Asian?' -_-

What Girls Said 8

• I voted C. I prefer guys from where im from.

People where I'm from are brown, or black.. And sometimes even white. It doesn't matter to me.

As long as they are from where I'm from, im okay with it. But i still consider it, but I usually don't.

• Race doesn't matter to me, but religion and culture Does.
      Especially because most people who aren't where I'm from can't say my name right, and I can't imagine myslef being with someone who doesn't say my name right. Because it's annoying.

• it's not really important but ill vote considered cuz I'm not a liar.

• It's... NOT important. I don't care the race my bf is. I'd be with him no matter what because I like his personality. :)

• I think it's stupid to care about it. I care about the person, not the color.

• I don't think its really important. I mean it doesn't define you. I just wouldn't like it if they tried changing what I belive in and stuff

• Not important at all!

• It's not important at all

• People will say it isn't important but I'm sure it actually is. There will always be that one race they prefer over the other.

What Guys Said 8

• Somewhat considered. I don't I'd ever date white, Asian, or black women. Why not white? Because there are too many women among them who generalize and since I'm Indian, there's a high chance I'd automatically be labeled as a creep just for approaching them. Not to mention even if I found an amazing white girl who really liked me, her peers would judge her for dating me and I'd get dirty and rude stares from other white people in public, especially white guys. Why not Asian? They are usually only into white guys and Asian guys, hardly into Indian guys. And they have a similar view of Indian men like white women. Why not black? Even though I'm more attracted to black women than white or Asian women, you hardly see black women being interested in Indian men. If they are looking to date someone of another race, it's usually only white men or Hispanic men. Not to mention, a lot of black men don't take kindly to other men dating black women. So yeah, I'm open to Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Native American, and mixed women when it comes to dating outside my race.

• Race doesn't matter. Ethnicity maybe, but most certainly date inside your culture! I dated outside my culture and we never could have any understanding for one another

• I'm interested mainly in my own race, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't date another race. It just means that they aren't my first choice

• Not important to me at all.

• Non-issue for me

• I only date inside my race.

• it's more important that she's attractive regardless of race.

• I put "considered", I really should have just put Unimportant, I've seen girls of all races that are attractive, I think it really comes down to personality or lifestyle.