Whats the difference between dating and being in a relationship?

whats the difference between dating and being in a relationship?

because I have seen a question about asking a girl 'if they are dating or are in a relationship'

Most Helpful Girl

• Dating is when you are casually spending time with someone casually and are romantically connected with but not necessarily completely committed to.

Being in a relationship means you spend a lot more time with the person, you are more emotionally connected and there is a mutual agreement of commitment.

What Guys Said 2

• same thing
    answermien

• You date someone before you go into a relationship with them.. but when you're in a relationship with them you are also still technically dating, just a more specific term if that makes sense.

What Girls Said 3

• Being in a relationship usually means you are committed to one person, but with dating you could be with multiple people, but no commitment with any of them.

• really? I thought that was cheating, I thought once ur with one person u are commited

• That's what being in a relationship is for. I mean, you can date exclusively but not be in a relationship, but usually when you are just dating a person, then you can also be dating other people too. Dating usually does /=/ exclusivity while a relationship usually does.

• When you're dating, it could be with more than one person, and there's most likely any real commitment. As to if you're in a relationship, you spend a lot more time with this person and is committed. You will most likely have feelings for the person and only with that one person.

• Same thing