Is it ok to like another man even though you're in a relationship?

I hope this doesn't make me sound like a slut or anything, because I promise you I'm not. So I have a boyfriend. I love him to death. We've been dating for a little over a year. The thing is I recentl went over to my friends house and her brother was there, or one of them at least. I know her brother very well. He's nice, funny, and polite. The thing is I think I may also like him. I don't think he really likes me in that way, because he's a little older than me, and I don't think I'd consider dating him right now anyway. So here lies the question-is this normal? I don't want to break up with or cheat on my boyfriend, because I still really like him, but I was just wondering if it's normal to be attracted to other people despite being in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is normal to have small crushes on other people every once in a while as we as humans can comprehend that other people are attractive and great even if we have a partner... the difference being is the desire to act on it or not. If there is no desire then there is no harm but if intentions to arise then a problem is starting to form.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It's not like you can control how you feel. As you grow and change, what you want, like, and need will also change. You may "love" the boyfriend you have now, but it's highly likely that will change. And there is nothing wrong with that, it's just part of growing up. You will likely have dozens of relationships before you choose who to marry. Every relationship teaches us about who we are, and who we want to become. Enjoy the ride, and try to learn from every experience.

• To crush on someone secretly is normal. To act on it would be wrong if committed.