What would you do in this situation, keep waiting or give up?

So I've been friends with this guy for 6 months and he's my best friend. Up until about a month ago, he had always had a huge thing for another girl. But she, without intending to, led him on and broke his heart. She still had feelings for her ex. So he's been trying to get over her. Well for the past 3-4 months, I've loved everything about him. Not in love! Just, he's amazing. This past month he decided to tell me he has a crush on me. So I confided to him that I like him as well. We'll talk about dating each other and sex, but he doesn't want to yet or anytime soon because he still loves her. He says he's trying to get over her, but at the same time, they still talk on a daily basis and I think still hangout after school. Apart of me feels like I'm being led on exactly how he was. And I feel like its unfair on me to wait for a guy who loves another girl. But at the same time, I know the reason he won't date is because he doesn't wanna hurt me by still liking her. What would you do in this situation?

• Keep waiting.
  • Just give up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes men want what they can't have. he's keeping you on the back burner because he's just not that into you. If he knows you're waiting for him, he'll always keep you waiting. Personally i would give up and start dating, you're just going to get hurt. Go and start dating and you will find somebody willing to make you their number one, and I bet you anything, once you do... your crush will come around and want to start dating you and at that point you can say "no thanks" you could of had me before... your loss!

What Guys Said 1

• Rebound, I'm sorry to say.

What Girls Said 2

• He's not trying to get over his ex, he's trying to get her back. He knows if he fails you'll be there waiting.

• Rebound at best