Are all religious people equally valuable to God or are some more valuable than others?

So I had a crush on this one guy who is pretty short but he appears to not like me because he leaves the bible study every time I join. I like him for his gracious and open attitude towards others.

there are two other religious guys that are very accommodating and welcoming of me and one of them has offered to do private one one one bible studies with me and buy me free food during lunch even though he doesn't have that much money.

This second guy is the one that I dream about almost every month. about 1/2 the time that I have a private conversation with him I will end up dreaming about him.

I don't know I believe he is ugly because he has wrinkles on his face and looks very old for his age but if he is ugly why do I keep dreaming about him? It's like my mind and heart are contradicting each other when it comes to him. Even though I believe he is ugly, I'm very attracted to him as I keep dreaming about him.

The problem is I don't think he is as religious as the first guy that i like because he doesn't seem as gracious, is a little more bogged down by rules and has some faulty beliefs on the bible that aren't accurate. However I have a chance with this second guy and he is closer to my height. the first guy is actually shorter than me.

Also the second guy is a lot younger than me so its questionable whether I would even have a chance with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok for the title's question. Yes, and no. According to the Bible God loves all "his children." What constitutes his children though is highly contradicted both in modern day, and in the bible. At some points it says "For god so loved the world" (john 3:16) but in 1John chapter 3 verses 3-14 it says "Let no man deceive you a man is righteous just as christ was... Also if you remain in sin then you are a child of the devil" (paraphrased, it's been a while but that's the gist of the passage). I personally struggle with believing that the "christian" god loves everyone yet states that they will be sent to hell for an eternity for not recognizing him to be god.
    Onto the rest, it could be that you dream about the older male because he shows you compassion and acceptance (which we all crave) and your like for him plus sexual frustration/confusion is making you think of a parental or platonic friendship as sexual. Is the second the older looking one or the "mean" one? you seem to have gotten lost half way through. But you could be attracted to the first one because his leaving can be misconstrued as confidence/dominance.
    If you had to choose one or the other CHOOSE THE NICE ONE! duh... Why'd you bring height into it? Feel free to ask any questions, I am an atheist now, but have a pretty in depth knowledge of christianity as I was training to be a pastor before I lost my faith so I can help clarify any questions you may have.

What Guys Said 3

• All people (religious AND non-religious) are of infinite and equal value to God. Remember He sent His own Son on a mission far behind enemy lines and certain to end in death in order to bring each of us home to Him in heaven.
    As for these two guys. . . something tells me you're not ready for a relationship with either of them. Mature a little and you will be able to look at them without noticing height, age, wrinkles. Keep focusing on qualities like graciousness, openness, welcoming, accommodation, generosity and you will soon be ready.

• Well I'm not that religious but the logical answer would be that ALL honest people are equal... independant of their religion!

• All are valuable to God...

... except homosexuals, and non-believers, and those with a different morality, and criminals, and enemies in wartime (even if they themselves are also the same religion as you), and anyone else that us worldly mortals decide to make God be against.

But yeah, we're all valuable except for THOSE people.

What Girls Said 3

• all people in the WORLD are of equal value to God.

• The Shallow heart puts limits on the chance of finding someone great. Does not necessarily mean you have feelings or him, but he is a nice guy. We tend to dream about people we trust. Saying he is ugly is very rude. How would you feel if someone said that about you. Everyone is different. I do not think less of people from different walks of life.

• According to the Bible all humans are equal before God's eyes.