Should girls play hard to get?

whats your opinion guys? do you like it when girls play hard to get? or is it a turn off? do you like the chase?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can share a cautionary tale from the guys perspective.

I was told a story a while back from a guy who told me that he liked this girl in college and he thought she was dropping hints that she liked him too. He summoned up the courage and asked her out. She said no. She was polite about it but he was still embarrassed. He avoided her for a while after as he was embarrassed and he was worried that she thought he was weird and didn't want to come across as desperate or anything.

A while later he got talking to a friend of hers and according to the friend, that girl was crying afterwards. Apparently, she thought he was "the one" and wanted him to take her seriously so she wanted to make him "work for it". When he avoided her afterwards she thought she had pushed him away.

Anyway, they never really talked afterwards, he thought he creeped out a girl he liked and made a fool of himself and she thought she had blown her chance with the guy she thought she might settle down with. Neither knew how the other felt so they avoided each other.

People are weird and mixed signals can screw things up. It would be easier (and we'd all be happier) if we could all be honest about how we feel (as hard as that is).

• Give this man the mho. So much truth in this one there is...

• @Ricky_Bobby Thanks man. :)
      It's not my story but it was a little depressing. Unfortunately, given how hard it is to be honest about how we feel, I'd say that we all will have that lesson in some form or another. Hopefully, it doesn't cost us too much.

What Guys Said 11

• No!!!, girls playing hard to get is a massive turn off for me. I don't bother chasing the girl I just give up and go find another girl that does not play hard to get.

• For me I would lose interest basically immediately. A wif of disinterest and I'll probably lose interest.

• It depends what you call "hard to get".

If hard to get to you is an unresponsive person that doesn't even want to talk or share things then just dont do it. This the most idiotic behaviour an individual can get... If you're interested in someone just talk to him. Dont be "too" easy like in easily go to party or have sex or confess feelings as those things are most of the time a turn on for serious men but anything above that shouldn't be closed.

• Waste of time. Turn off.

• I know this is going to sound so horrible, but honestly, if you're a hot or attractive girl you can afford to play hard to get. But it's appalling to see girls who have nothing going on for them or average girls do it because it's just not worth to spend the time to chase you. In that case, I lose interest because there are plenty of average girls put there who know what they want and don't bullshit around.

• I've never heard a girl ending up getting a good, long-term relationship by playing hard to get.

• The chase is fun for a while, but if he gives up, he is never coming back.

• No, No and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• I love all the chases and games, I love challenges.

• Even if your game is spot on, your "hard to get" is going to come off as "disinterest" to most guys, and they're going to not bother. It's really the best way to shoot yourself in the foot when dating.

"Hard to get" is supposed to be used to not come off too interested too fast. Girls are taught to be hard to get all the time, but not to show interest, so they lean WAY too far toward disinterested. There is a very large zone between telling a guy "I love you" on the first date and naming your future kids, and making him call eight times before you answer the phone. Middle ground- find it.

• The chase is part of the fun but if it goes beyond that I lose interest quickly.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes and no. Some girls play hard to get more or less involuntarily, since they're unsure about a guy and want to think things over before deciding to do something serious with him. I think that's fair. Anyone is allowed to take things slow if they feel like it.
    However, if you know that you definitely like someone, then playing hard to get is pointless. Especially if you definitely know that they like you, too. It's rude to make someone work for you like that. Obviously you probably shouldn't throw yourself at them, but neither should you act completely disinterested, as if you don't care about them at all. That's pretty rude and really unnecessary.

• Guys don't like it. I've asked this question on Whisper I think and guys said they hated when girls did this. I'm hard to get but I never got caught. I'm insecure and I don't feel I show good affection to be in a relationship. I have issues myself and I'm scared ashamed but that's probably the reason I'm hard to get.

• M sure guys don't like it..
    I personally don't like the idea of "playing" hard to get. You like someone simply go ahead and show it. It doesn't make you a whore if you know your limits and know what your doing. Depends on your choices