Why do so many people on this site shame those who want somebody they are physically attracted to?

I would never say I am hot or sexy or that I deserve a hot or sexy girl, but I still want a girl I find physically attractive. I just feel like so many people in general all say that ' if they don't like who you are on the inside, then they are shallow'. There are plenty of people I love on the inside, but for me those people are friends. When there is mutual physical attraction then that is soemone I am romantically interested in. I just want to know why that is so wrong. I know sex is not the most important aspect to a relationship but is still plays a huge role in a romantic relationship. Sorry for wanting someone I FIND beautiful I can't wait to come home to and make passionate love

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks are just icing on the cake! they will only last a while not forever! what if you marry this beautiful gorgeous lady that you romanticize day and night and love her like crazy and one day god forbids she gets into an accident and her whole body is deformed? then what you will leave her?
    what if she is this beautiful girl and a complete bitch that has you on a leash. would you want to spend the rest of your with a girl like that?
    you would want someone who you can converse about just anything! joke laugh understand complete each other! you will not only fall in love with the way they look but also the way they act!

yes i do agree looks do matter in order to be attracted to someone but i think its mostly have do with mental stimulation as well.
    I was once talking to this really goodlooking guy who was so hot like drop dead gorgeous! but he just didn't know how to talk, flirt. anything! i was attracted 100% but the mental stimulation was lacking. All he used to talk about was workout and it got to a point where i literally had to drop it. It was very boring!

What Girls Said 7

• I haven't noticed anyone shaming others on here for that. It's normal to want to be with someone you find attractive, there's nothing at all wrong with that. Everyone should be with someone they are attracted to physically as well as mentally/emotionally.

As others here have mentioned, I only dislike the users who shame others they don't find attractive and act like just because they don't find the person attractive, means no one will think that person is attractive. That's just ridiculous and as I said, beauty is subjective anyway.

• I agree, it is like shaming someone for preferring Snickers over Almond Joy. You cannot help your taste in women, men, or candy. I think it us because a person feels the need to justify their own body type (for whatever reason). I don't worry about men who don't find me attractive, I just find the ones that do. Being mad at someone for not liking my body type, hair color or whatever is like being mad that someone likes the color red over the color green.

• Wanting someone that you find attractive is not the issue. My issue is with the people on here who make those that THEY don't find attractive feel like NO ONE will want them. Everyone has a preference. And they're entitled to it. But just because someone is not of your preference doesn't give you the right to be a dick to them. So I don't have a problem with you wanting to come home to an attractive person. But if you're someone who downs the people that you don't find attractive, then I do have a problem with that.

And there are people that really put personality over looks.

• Looks and personality are a must, if a person is notphysically attracted to another, how are they going to be together? I dont know manz.
    As long as I am attracted to the guy, he need not have to be hot or handsome, just pleasant to my eyes would do.

• I completely agree with you. I think people that do that are trying way too hard not to hurt anyone's feelings and essentially lying to people.

• It's when they shame people who don't fit their preference is what I have an issue with.

• There's nothing wrong with that lol I wanted someone sexy outside and inside and so did my bf. We found each other. People just emphasize the inside, but if there's no sexual attraction you can't have a romantic relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• i don't shame them...

but... if i see mentions, in churches, religions, save myself till marrige, etc

then sorry but i'd not be kind anymore..

• It's what some people still want. So long as they aren't lambasting others to convert, I see no reason not to respect that wish.

• Which, to them, is just as obnoxious as when one of them evangelizes to you.

• @kangy because you're not obsessed with it

• I think your impression is greatly exaggerated