Relationship after High School?

There's a shy junior girl in my high school and I'm a senior. Obviously I'll graduate before her but question is will I still be able to date her even after my graduation and me working a job and going to college?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's what I'm worried about with my crush. She's a junior, I'm a senior.
    Frankly, you either go to college nearby, see her for a year, but then who knows if she'll wanna go to college in state too. And then you're basing your college decision off of her, which is usually frowned upon.

Or you maintain a LDR for a while.

So the conclusion ranges anywhere from "going to college nearby, then she goes to college nearby" or "long distance relationship until you both graduate from college.

The thing is, I doubt most high schoolers (other than you and I) think this far ahead. So they just go with whatever happens...
    But, its not that unlikely for it to not work out, because back a few decades ago, this situation probably happened a lot, and back then people DID think that far ahead... and we have a technological advantage these days.

So... really you just have to see what'll happen and go with whatever feels right.
    Good luck... we'll both be needing it.

• I mean, my parents were a year apart and started dating in high school, but they went to colleges about 40 minutes away from each other, but now they're happily married almost 25 years later.
      So you never know.

What Girls Said 3

• Just as long as you two can reciprocate the time, effort, and sacrifices, a relationship is worth holding on to regardless of distance.

• Of course you could. As long as both of you stay faithful and make it work out of course you can be together while you are in college and she is in high school!

• Depends how much you would want the relationship to work... also depends on how far you will be away from her if you are able to go on dates I think it could be fine... But college for you may be too large of a change for you personally to keep the relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly, the odds aren't great. You'll experience and be busy with so much in college that you'll forget about her in a few months. Don't tie yourself down before the race begins.

• Depends if you have freetime and have her number. You could try a long distance relationship (but then again most of those don't work).