Why don't girls like nice gentlemen who treat them good?

Yeah, this is a really good question. Though "good" should be "well" but that's just nitpicking.

• Girls like jerks
  • Girls like butts
  • Girls like evil
  • Girls worship satan
  • Girls like good guys but not YOU in particular sooooooo sorry
I like this. This is fucked up.
@Jack766 To be totally fair this question did get more answers by the entire community, but you were right fewer females did answer, THOUGH the margin was 5.

[thumbs up]

Most Helpful Girl

• Compatibility
    I dont understand why people keep wondering why being nice didn't get them a partner, they often forgot compatibility , being nice isn't everything.

Vote E

• Agreed. We live in a society where people think if they put out minimal requirements/effort that they get maximal benefits. Nevermind that sometimes things just don't go how you want. This is where we're getting all these butthurt guys who think that if they do x, y, z, they will get the girl that THEY want. Forget her needs and wants and how they just might not be what he's offering.

• Compatibility has something to do with it. But the "nice guy" act is a recipe for failure in the long run, no matter how "compatible" the two may be on other levels.

• Thanksformh

What Girls Said 19

• Why do guys chase after women who aren't interested in them?

This seems to be the case any time I hear a guy and his "nice guy" woes.

He's either chasing after some undeserving bitch, or he's not nice at all and thinks if he plays his cards just right that he's guaranteed the girl that he wants.

Entitlement is the main issue here, not the girl.

AND if the girl is chasing after jerks, why the hell are YOU chasing after HER? She's got problems. You don't need to be all white knight on girls like that.

• Being nice won't make a girl like you.

There are guys who are really nice to me but I haven't automatically started liking them once they started doing me favors.

Tbh many guys chase women who don't like them. For example my coworker had been chasing me for months but I have no interest in him. He always is nice and offers to do stuff for me but its not like he's gonna win points after completing specific tasks. I'm not a video game. If I don't like u I don't like u and nothing will change that. My coworker is a cute guy and other girls like him but I see he brushes them off to chase my ass. So we could also ask why do men chase women who are uninterested and ignore women who really like them?

I bet for every self proclaimed nice guy who wonders why girls only like jerks, there is a girl waiting for the nice guy to notice Her and wondering why he chases chicks who dgaf about him

• I just stated this on another one of your questions, in response to an anon.

"Nice", "gentleman", and "treats her good" all mean the same thing here. we get it, he's nice.

Being nice isn't the be all end all...
    I've met tons of guys who are nice and I've only romantically liked a couple of them.
    When I think about what I want in a potential husband, it wouldn't be "meh. Just nice. Nice is all that matters. If he's nice, he can be ugly, fat, he can have a totally different sense of humor, he can be much less intelligent, he can be my polar opposite, as long as he's NICE." fuck no dude.
    Obviously for one attraction is important to both men and women.
    Also, I need someone who understands me. And in my entire life I've only met one guy who really honestly gets me.
    I need a guy who has my sense of humor, and one who is intelligent. Someone who wants what I want out of life.

Being nice isn't the only requirement.

And I don't understand this logic- "if I am nice, and I can't get a girl, all girls hate nice guys."
    Um... do you have the reasoning skills of a toddler?

• ;_; You didn't care about Jack enough to realize that he wasn't anonymous?

Damn...

• Hell no, you're so rude you can't even acknowledge people and you want to give me advice on this? Hell no!

• I found out why you're single

• I would love to meet a nice gentlemen who actually treated me right. I really hope I meet the right guy someday in my life. Because my past relationship didn't end so well. Not everyone is like that though. I like a nice gentlemen who treats women with respect. Not a boy who doesn't even know the meaning of a relationship. I'd chose a gentlemen who treats me good rather then a boy who treats me like crap, any day. I like a guy who puts effort into a relationship, and doesn't just use words but also uses there actions.

• I like nice Guys. Just because some girl rejected you or was a bitch, doesn't mean we're all like that. If I said "all guys are rude and try to dominate everyone" you probably wouldn't believe it seeing as how all men are different, same with women

• i always go for the nice guy who isn't a player but i want a guy who can take a punch not a compleat pussy- they need to know what they want and make an effort to get it (confidence is key). But gotta admit it helps if they are good looking aswell

• Oh my goodness why are we assuming he is ugly?

• But why isn't the definition of the "Good Guy" automatically attractive just like the definition of the "bad boy".

That's what's got me twisted.

• becuse the words bad boy have connotations of mystery, excitement and confidence. if you are an an interesting person and the good guy you basically have the whole package. Only girls who arnt looking for anything serious go for the bad boys

• Because nice guys usually are kind of clingy and just "too nice"

And when a guy is just "too nice" it makes me feel really weird inside. Like just really really weird.

• Weird like... dying unicorn on my doorstep what do I do weird or like oh wow that's sort of pretty but I don't want to touch it because maybe it's dangerous weird?

• It makes perfect sense.

• Thank goodness!!

• Not everybody is the same! I like good, gentlemen guys. Bad guys seem really unattractive to me.

• We do. It's just very hard to find them.

• I call BS on that... You (women in general) probably reject most of the guys because they're not good looking enough. That's why they always say "he's sweet, but I'm just not into him..." then date the hot jerk who will break her heart in two months and wonder why she can never find a guy.

• Ha. No. The problem is that "nice guys" are too shy to do anything. And I don't reject people for not being attractive enough. I have rejected stalkers though. As well as guys that just wanted in my pants. No. We meet a guy, think he's really nice, and then he ends up having a girlfriend which he lied about. So girls don't trust nice guys because they always end up being fake or lying. At least with jerks you know what you're getting.

• I love a gentleman, there should be more of them.

• there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a gentleman. Its something one of the traits I find most important in a man.

• I like big butts and I cannot lie...

• Lord, fucking hate you "nice guy" types. Girls just don't like you.

• I don't know I just want to fuck you 😩😩😩

• Most of us do so I can't really answer your question :)

• *treat them well.

• From what I've seen, by some of your answers in GAG, I can say you're not a "nice gentleman who treat them good".

• Well, say it to my face, anon!

-shrug-

• It's one of his other traits...

• I'm dating a fairly nice guy now and he is killing me. He has no emotional stability of his own and expects me to be able to solve all of his problems, make him always feel better, praise and serve him, carry his emotional baggage, fix him... Without even learning who I am or expecting to really give more than token affection back. That sort of behavior will only attract the most batshit people and drown everyone else.

• But I also know tons of stable, well adjusted genuinely good dudes who have nice, stable wives and happy marriages.

• This is weird.

• Oh pleaassse! i love guys like this. send me one over my way and ill treat him well and ill make sure he feels desired

What Guys Said 14

• "Gentlemen who treat them good"...
    i3.kym-cdn.com/.../DoubleFacePalm.jpg

I would love to know what you think that statement means.

• Don't DF me!

• You know who says you should be a nice guy? Girls.

That's why it's bs, if you want to know how to get and/or keep a girl, don't ask a girl.

• Nah, it's just ironic that well over half of the "something is wrong with my lover" questions deal with people who are either extremely abusive or extremely depressed so there's this weird component missing where people are like "I wouldn't touch that shit with a 10 foot pole" and then everyday about half of those people are making the same complaints. XD

• They like them. They just don't like them to be clingy and boring. If you can avoid boring a girl you're more than half way there lol

• Probably because you're just a self-proclaimed "nice guy" and "gentleman" who's really just and asshole.

• Girls do want a kind and decent man. However, being nice in and of itself isn't attractive.

• Because that alone is not sufficient, or in some cases even necessary, to land you in the golden garden of snatch.

• gentlemen? because they wouldn't like someone that resembles their grandpa :-P

• People live so many delusions influenced by so many sources that it's impossible to tell who lives in reality anymore without getting to know them on an individual basis first.

• only if he's attractive

• Anyone who says girls like nice guys just don't understand evolution. For the vast majority of human evolution, the caveman/hunter/gatherer/farmer who had comparatively more food was aloof/uncaring. He just didn't need any more food or sexual pleasure. Now, women still like those characteristics, even though aloofness is now often trained and some of the most loyal men with the best earning potential are socially awkward nerds.

• They want the bad boi who are fun and treat them like garbage and charm them into fallen for them with their sweet words. That's when the bad boi cast their LUV spells on those naive cuties..

• Maybe your looking in the wrong areas?

• Ouch so many E votes. You guys crushed his spirits!

• I'm praying for the day when guys in general stop having this same old, beaten-to-death assumption that there are 2 polar opposites of guys and THAT'S IT. There are only nice guys or bad boys/jerks to you folks.

If you had 1) The chance to see yourself from an outside perspective, there would be like a 95% chance that you're acting like a forced white knight rather than just a nice person, or 2) the true desire to understand your predicament, you'd actually listen to people when they say that forcing certain behavior AND expecting a reward for doing what people are supposed to do anyway (and that is being nice), you'd make massive improvements to yourself pretty quickly.

But until then, let's just keep thinking that girls are stupid and go for those broken, jerky guys while they ignore all you nice fellas and we'll see how long you stay single. How does that sound?

• It is no guarantee of attraction. You are much better off not bothering to make the effort and treating them like the bitches they really are!

http://i.imgur.com/5AgwGrM.jpg